Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

Finally! Managed to bag Saturn with the wife (seeing was quite bad) before imaging M13 and M27. The clouds rolled in at midnight but I waited and waited not giving up and after an hour it was clear again. So pleased I did as it gave me another 3 hours. I stayed up until 04:15 so quite tired today but worth it.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit disappointed last night - was "forced" to go out for dinner. A wee bit of jolly juice was consumed, and so I decided to get an early night and an early start (so as not to be drunk in charge of a telescope). Got up at 3.30am to find a sky full of cloud :headbang:. Gutted!

Doesn't look great for the rest of the week, so I'm not sure when I'll get to try Ianaiken's new technique for bagging Saturn :).

I had two decent obbos over the last two nights - plenty of saturn, a blimmin good view of M13 (by 'eck those BSTs are gooood :headbang:), and a try at M57 in Lyra - finally managed to bag that beaut last night, just before I packed up - been trying for that elusive beastie since I got the skyhawk 3 years ago ! time to add another Messier to my counter :)

Also got round to digging the Webcam out last night, and got some decent Saturn Frames too ! Was hoping to bag titan too, but couldnt see it on the lappy,even with the gain up, and the exposure long :/

seeing must've been pretty good, as visually, I saw clear definition between rings and planet, and a bulge that was the pole of the planet above the rings. I even think that I saw shadow of the ring on the planet !! :)

I've just checked xcweather. After last nights rain really hoping for a clear night. Well, forecast is clear until 19:00 then cloud until October

Ha ha ha ha rofl :)

Sent from my Nexus One

Got some great views tonight, everywhere I looked I was seeing stars, got some better views of Mars, yet Saturn is still elusive, Venus just gets better with a 10mm as opposed to a 25mm.

Well I'm rather jealous of all of you who seemed to have had clear skies saturday night! I'd had such a good night Friday, yet it never seemed to get dark Saturday :)

It makes me a bit paranoid that I was doing something wrong, but I can't think what! ha ha :headbang:

looks like being clear-ish in the midlands, putting the scope out in a bit.

(then bring it in again 10 minutes later as rain drops appear)

thats the usual drill these days . fingers crossed x

lol we found it really easy and such a nice view in the 130p dob

So we agree, they are doing something wrong :)

It's just very bright and can't see much. The scope is collimated fine, and even though the red-dot finder is out I'm sure it's Saturn..

To clarify, I can see it, it's just very bright and I can sort of make out a halo of light, but not much else (this is at 65x).

Archived