NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Who has got clear skies predicted for tonight ?

sanmatt

NN11 weather forecast clear until Sunday mid-day. 21 mph winds tonight, 10 tomorrow.

Out to see Scarlett Johanson [no, not the Scarlett on here] in tight leather tonight, does that count as a heavenly body?

No? I'll get me coat...

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good currently, odd clouds but warm and bright. Way off dark so I wont be getting out of my pram just yet!

Nice cold beer and the news.....we'll just see later on :clouds2:

Dew sheild on and scope cooling, ice box ready for beer :clouds2:

Lovely outside, not a breath of wind, nice cheeky dusk view of Venus, well whats left of it anyway!

I'm suddenly quietly confident of a long and gentle nights viewing.

After the pictures last night the R&DAS branded hat & scarf lost their viginity with a couple of hours looking at Saturn and kit set-up and strip-down.

I shouldn't have 'taped over' the webcam image taken with the barlow though. Tonight looks good, observing plan to be worked out later.

Finally had a decent nights viewing. Mars, Saturn, M3, M5, M104 (very faintly), and M51 was a smudge :clouds2:

Plus a few other very faint galaxies (M81, M82 and M94) that were being drowned out by the streetlight directly below them.

All in all, a great night. I could stare at M3 for hours without getting bored!

Archived