Hello Earthlings

MarkTwo

Dear All,

I just joined the forum and thought I should say hello. I have been enjoying the night sky in blissful ignorance for many years but the increasing expertise of my primary school kids moves me to try to educate myself. It looks like I can learn a lot from all of you. If I can just get to the point of sounding like I know what I am talking about it would be a great start.

Cheers,

Mark

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and Mark and welcome to the forum. It won't take you too long to pick up the basics and more - you'll be sounding like an expert in no time!:D:D To get your started on learning the sky, you might want to down load a free piece of planetarium software called "Stellarium" which you can view here. Easy to use, lots of features and can be calibrated to your exact observing location to give a real sky view to your location. Lots of extras to play with when the clouds in!

Clear skies

James

Hi Mark and welcome to SGL, I think you will find we are all still learning and never really stop, it is such a vast subject and has a never ending learning curve, but as you progress it will not be long before you will find yourself helping newcomers along the way with the knowledge you have gained, enjoy your Astronomy :D

John.

Archived