Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2237 Rosette Nebula

Grinde

Hi again, I've just finished processing these subs I shot mid-feb, same evening as the first light for both my new mount & observatory.

All shot remotely from my home 13km away from the scope, via the invaluable (& free) program Teamviewer remote desktop.

All subs unguided, how awesome is that?!

4*20min Ha

2*5min each RGB channel

FSQ106EDX

QSI 583wsg

10Micron GM2000 HPS

Click here for the 50% sized version

6920529243_013b252a75.jpg

But I really encourage you to have a peek at the 100% version, I really enjoy "flying around" in full resolution, I'm very happy with the details & especially the stars (pure RGB-stars, no Ha stars in neither the lum or color-data) Not bad for just 4" aperture & 530mm focal length. The mount really helps the scope to perform at its best!

Enjoy! Click here for the 100% version

6920529243_013b252a75_b.jpg

Thank you all, I'm glad you enjoyed the photo. I can sit for a very long time studying the features in 100%, there's so much to see!

Could I ask what software you used for your processing?

Absolutely, image acquisition, calibration & stacking was made with MaximDL, the rest was done in Photoshop CS3 + some help from Noel Carbonis photoshop-actions

My GM2000 HPS goes live Friday! Can't wait. I'll try unguided too!

Awesome, you won't be disappointed! Spend good time on getting a precise polar alignment & very exact star-aligns, quality over quantity. This shot was made using a 3star align, + 3 extra refinement stars, which seemed to be enough for my short focallenght, but now I've refined it with a total of 12 stars for extra accuracy... My pointing is down to about 20-30 arcsec rms, framing the shots using planetarium-software's is a breeze!

What scope/camera will ride on top?

Archived