Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Kirat Gurung

kiratgurung

Hello from a new guy... :p

My name is Kirat Gurung. I am from Nepal, currently living and working in New Delh as a trainer for 3d animation and visual effects.

I just ordered Celestron 130 EQ, and I am very much excited... Already starting to watch assembling processes :)

I was very much interested in watching moons and stars and planets since my childhood but unfortunately, couldn't be able to.

This is going to be my first telescope. I have never experienced any telescope before :)

I am going to learn it from whatever tutorial I get from youtube! :D

*It would be great to be in touch with Celestron 130EQ owners*** ;)

I would require your suggestions...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the forum. In terms of value for money, simplicity and aperture, a dobsonian (a newtonian on a simple Alt-Azimuth mount) is the way forward. The mounts that come with the Celestron and many other similar priced scopes make these scopes difficult to use. They are flimsy and clearly made to a price and make the whole set up far too 'twitchy'! Try focusing and tracking an object, say a planet with 120X magnification, having to wait for the scope to settle down between each incremental adjustment before you can make another observation - only to find the object has now slipped out the field of view. The dobsonian seems more rigid, most of the money goes into the mirror which means that you can access more aperture (resolve greater detail) for the same price. In addition, the red dot finder that comes with the Celestron 130 is awkward to adjust and is simply far too bright and so will disrupt your night vision. The scope itself is fine but with the red dot and a twitchy mount, the whole point of observing gets lost in unnecessary frustrating.

I'm sure others might disagree but this is what I have found in my experience. Please feel free to ask more questions.

Clear skies

James

oh wow...

Thank you so much for your warm welcome...

wow! this is the first forum I have seen where people actually welcomes new comers... :)

@JBM1165 Thanks for the info.

@LukeSuppalot I didn't understand the term "Light Post" :p I am so sorry... can you please tell me what's that?

Thanks @SteveA for the link :) No, I don't know him. Will keep in touch with him though. I am in India these days. ;)

Thanks again for your replies... :D

Archived