Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

100+ miles a week is what I should be doing Damian, wife is doing this so I am sure 110 miles next Saturday will be a walk in the park for her me I'm not too sure of :eek: .

yes dean come In the main gate and park in main car park. Then down the steps to the main reception. Don't worry about bringing scope it's only us we haven't opened it to anybody else, just need to cross the t's and dot the i's. to get us prepared for inaugural meeting.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, greeting from a very cold Cape Town! Never thought Africa could be colder than Wakefield!!!!

Constitution looks great; I can't get to it just now as it's disappeared from my inbox (I'll be able to check back later); was there a child protection policy? Only reason I ask is that having one is often a condition of funding applications, so it could be good to squeeze one in if we haven't already. Sorry if it's there and I just missed it.

Have a good meeting - sorry to miss it, but look forward to hearing all about it!

Didn't have a child protection policy on there no but good point as we will be linked to the school, think that will need to be a necessity, will try to sort something extra out on that front for Monday, cheers Steve and have a nice time in Africa don't forget to stand on your head so you can see the constellations the right way up :tongue:

Didn't have a child protection policy on there no but good point as we will be linked to the school, think that will need to be a necessity, will try to sort something extra out on that front for Monday, cheers Steve and have a nice time in Africa don't forget to stand on your head so you can see the constellations the right way up :tongue:

Just the kind of detail we need to be thinking of in this day and age so really good point Steve.

I'm going to be there and to anyone else reading and wishing to attend here's the event details again:-

Meeting will be at 19:30 onwards at Horbury Academy on Wakefield Road in Horbury, WF4 5HE

Cheers soupy was really hard to get this image in to a viewable state there was so much background noise I'm putting it down to the hot weather we've had, as the sensor temp was shooting at 22c think I need to cool camera in fridge before I go out. New camera arrives next week so looking forward to better more interesting images.

Cheers soupy was really hard to get this image in to a viewable state there was so much background noise I'm putting it down to the hot weather we've had, as the sensor temp was shooting at 22c think I need to cool camera in fridge before I go out. New camera arrives next week so looking forward to better more interesting images.

Be careful of condensation Kieran, you could get a small cooling fan and channel the air up via a pipe to cool it? as the further away you run it the better as these can create noise too. You can get small fans that run on 12v dc for pc's, I think I may have one kicking about?

Thanks for for the email Soupy, sounds good to me and I'm happy with it.

I do have a slight request though ^_^ with me not getting to the meeting until after 8 tomorrow is there anyway to leave a note with the room number or such forth so I can find you all :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Was a really interesting and productive meeting Kieran shame you had to miss out.

Lots of detail put in the constitution and a good turn out.

Time did pass quickly.Thanks again for all the effort you've put in soupy.

Will be glad to get back to the viewing sessions and look forward to the next meet.

Excellent meeting tonight. Got lots agreed and made some really big steps along the road to becoming a Society. Dates for your diary for another meeting to finalise things before the inaugural meeting. Tuesday 10th September 7.30 and with all being well we will go for an inaugural meeting in October. I will type up a brief outline of what we covered tonight, not necessarily minutes don't need to worry about those until we get up and running, but just the main points and any amendments to the constitution, and email you all.

Thanks for all the time and effort going into this from everyone and I know if we can keep up the momentum we will have a fantastic Society that we can all be proud of. :grin:

Again want to apologise for being late, but it was a very productive meeting. I have to agree with Soupy that the passion so far is quite contagious. Speaking of Soupy I also want to thank you for the work and effort you've put in and I look forward to the next meet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey all,

Sorry I couldn't get along to tonights meeting, I was looking forward to it ad meeting up with you all but a small problem with my cars cooling system this week turned into something bigger this morning and I have spent a torrid afternoon trying to change a water pump, consequently I was still up to my elbows in car guts until late this evening so I'm a bit gutted.

Will definately make the next one unless an interim pub meet up happens in the meantime.

Tony.

Here's the Veil Nebula I did Thursday night not great because my processing skills are well at the moment not the best.

http://m.flickr.com/...r69/9273824475/

I like the images on your flickr site Keiran. Are you processing with darks and flats etc? That might help with the gradient? You could just take the darks and re-process? I found that if I over-did the levels and curves in Photoshop the histogram got too stretched and it produced too much noise and gave me a gradient. The post-processing is a real art.

Thanks for all the support guys but I know we are all passionate about it so I know we can all do it together and we will all work hard for the benefit of the Society as and when needed.

Tony you are more than welcome to come to the next meeting in September, hopefully we can get out to do some stargazing before that though :smiley:

Thanks for all the support guys but I know we are all passionate about it so I know we can all do it together and we will all work hard for the benefit of the Society as and when needed.

Tony you are more than welcome to come to the next meeting in September, hopefully we can get out to do some stargazing before that though :smiley:

Cheers,

My scope will be arriving end of this month just in time for some clear skies (I hope). Definately will be mooching about the reservoirs up woodhead way to try it out.

I suspect I will have to chisel my friends face off the back end of the thing until he gets his own.

Archived