Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a bit busy of late with a couple of things Kieran so sorry for the late reply. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet tomorrow night?

I'm not sure its worth travelling for me, as its not really a good night for viewing because the moon is nearly full and just washes out most of the DSO.

Not sure how the photography come's out with the moon so bright?

another 2 weeks and its 3 hours of darkness a night and by the 1st of september its upto 6 hours!!!hopefully have all my ep's and everything sorted by half way through august and then its time to start hitting those herschel 400 targets hard!!!and get that galaxy count up too

Did you buy the parracor in the summer sale crash? I've seen it for just under £400 at SCS astro.

Ready for some dark nights but also well into the mountain biking again so liking the longer days as well :-$

was £390 from the widescreen centre.was going to get one from the states but with the extra postage and tax it wouldnt be much cheaper.just this minute ordered my explore scientific 100 degree eyepieces in 20mm,14mm and 9mm and a 2" 2x focal extender so hopefully they will be here by the third week in august ready for those dark nights.

you any closer to a mirror purchase?

Not really crash as I've been busy with the mountain biking so not really been looking into it much? And actually been looking at a road biking again.

I'm still thinking about a Nichol optic mirror though and hopefully I can have a few words with him in September when we go on the mirror making seminar.In the meantime I can roughly build the other bit's but I've yet to make a start as I've a few job's I need to finish!

That's the same price as SCS have got the parracor and the cheapest I've seen.I'll be needing one of those too so the price is steadily going up!

I'm in a tent at Kilnsea, Spurn Point. Skies are still quite bright. Can see the Summer Triangle though. I don't know whether to stay up see what the sky is like later on. Quite a lot of dew.

Can somebody pls explain what the hell just happened a triangle of 3 star just lit up just under Hercules for about 20 secs about mag 6 and then just vanished the most weirdest most amazing thing I've ever seen sent shivers down my spine.

Archived