Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers guys, I did see the other side as well Damian, but it was much more elusive so camera didn't pick it up.

hope you all got to see the noctilucent clouds as well tonight. I posted a few pics to twitter.

Thinking of going up Sutton bank this weekend if your up for it Mapstar, Soupy or anyone else.

I know there only 3 hours of darkness but there a couple of subjects I need to image from dark skies and thought as weathers going to be good and before the moon makes its appearance it would be a good time. ✨

Hi chaps I will be back in Yorkshire this weekend so I should be able to make the meet on Monday. Hope you are all doing ok,and crash nice work on obtaining your 16 inch monster ooh err :D

thread in beginners bit got me thinking -

friday is supposed to be the best night for viewing the milkyway by eye if you have good southern view, whats that car park off winscar like?

anyone fancy a meet up with mark one eyeballs and bins at midnight?

Went past the car park on Monday whilst out mountain biking, the building site is still there so not sure if they put their flood light's on?

Not sure if it will be dark enough Nick?

We've all gone a little quiet on here recently people away on hols?

I have emailed a draft copy of the constitution if you don't receive it let me know and I will sort it out. Still on for Monday, and looks like we are having tea and coffee provided so no need to bring any in not too sure about biscuits though :grin: the room is booked from 7.30 onwards in one of the Science labs I will be there to meet you all at the main reception not the student reception.

Had a good read through soupy and it looks really good and thanks for all the effort putting this together.

I'm still on for Monday so will be there early and looking forward to it.

Yes things are a little quiet at present, I looked out at 11 last night and could only pick out a few of the guide stars so my scope hasn't been out now for at least a month.

I've been getting back into my mountain biking and now the nights are drawing in again I'll be out.

Looking forward to Monday and seeing everyone again and sorting through the society constitution ;-)

Just had a read through the email, and as others have mentioned it sounds great.

As for being active on here, I've kinda been concentrating on the retro gaming, but with the sunny days I have done some solar observing and I've started scouring the web for astronomical bargains, haven't found any yet though lol.

Also started reading up on electronics, in the hopes of trying some radio astronomy in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Glad it looks good any changes we can go through and amend on Monday, really looking forward to it.

I've been out on road bike Damian did a 22 miler last weekend ended up going across to cannonhall and doing a big circuit. Gotta get some practice I'm doing coast to coast next Saturday :eek:

Jeremy, as far as the radio astronomy is concerned all we need is a dish, check, a receiver, check, and a satellite detector for picking up the signal, no check, then we connect to a computer. When the dish picks up a signal the detector will give a signal strength reading that can be converted to a number. All we do is assign a colour to each number and scan the sky to build up a picture! Sounds easy! But will need a bit of effort I think :embarassed:

Here's an image of NGC7000 the North American Nebula I did tues night not picked up much HA with the Cannon 1000d tho but getting my new Cannon 60Da next week so will have another go with that.

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/astronomer69/9261887363/

Also got some great data on the Veil Nebula last night so will upload when processed.

Very nice star field Kieran and a very faint satellite but I am struggling to pick out the nebulosity, might be the iPad. Looking forward to your veil nebula.

sounds like an excellent project Jeremy we certainly have the expertise to make it work. :grin:

Nice pic Kieran but as soupy says I'm struggling to make out the neb too? Did you use a filter and if so which one?

22 Mile's is pretty decent ride Soupy although you'll have to get some Mile's in over the coming week for the coast to coast eeek!

I've managed to get back into it quite a bit over the last month, so much I'm now back up to 100+ Mile's a week average.

I do miss my road bike immensely as the MTB just doesn't have the same agility and turn of speed!

I may even try my new TV eyepiece out tonight if the weather is good?

No that's the thing my Cannon 1000d is un-modded so I'm doing a test shot and then doing same with Cannon 60da to see how good it picks up the HA, plus I don't think I was accurately on the nebula think it was more down to the bottom left of the image.

hi all

excellent work soupy

looking forward to the meet on monday do we come through the main gate into school

looking forward to meeting everyone again

see you all monday

Archived