SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah il be happy to tag along with you guys, only thing is my 8'' is going to look like a finder-scope for crashers 16'' HAHA i need to pass my driving test first so i can get to some decent dark sky's

How do you get about now with your scope? and more to the point 200mm is not a bad aperture size although there's always bigger!

well am lucky to live next to an old coal mine down the bottom of a old road that no one really users so normally on the pit site or just the back garden but that will all stop soon as there building on the pit site . some sort off recycle plant witch will be operated 24/7 :(

yeah il be happy to tag along with you guys, only thing is my 8'' is going to look like a finder-scope for crashers 16'' HAHA i need to pass my driving test first so i can get to some decent dark sky's

Welcome and your scope way bigger than my trusty little 130mm :lol:

And Crash are sure that's not the main cannon from the Death Star that blew up Alderaan? :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

i was looking at those before i took the plunge for the 200p lol i will do as soon as i can drive and any off your ever been to the rose observatory i think its called in carlton near pontefract they ment to have a meeting every Tuesday but im not too sure .

Crash that scope really is a thing of beauty. I'm also impressed by the nice neat garden. Well done on both fronts. I'm having trouble keeping up with all the posts on here. Is there another meeting planned? Just sat watching that Horizon documentary on black holes.

Welcome, MatthewMark! Great to have new people join our merry little (but growing!) band. I have the Skywatcher 200 as well - suits me fine as it fits perfectly into my car boot and is nice and portable but still gives great views. Though of course when I eventually build my own personal observatory in Hawaii I'll be getting something bigger (lottery dependent, of course...). Crash is very generous with letting people look through his scope I can confirm.

I'm assuming the 'inaugural' meeting this month is still going ahead - but sorry I can't be there - will be in South Africa getting very confused with the sky.... I guess there isn't much point in me doing posters at work for this one - may as well leave that for the public launch of our society (but happy to do them if you want me to - will need something to print or copy by Friday morning though - sorry I won't have time to design them....).

Archived