Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As committee members and the roles of President, Secretary and Treasurer for our fledgling society.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Think Jeremy meant to say "For committee members" instead of "As committee members" so no slur on anyone's intelligence only his own use of grammar ;)

The july meeting is to agree club structure, rules,plan for the club activities, advertising, subs costs etc and do a temporary appointment of officers, pending formal acceptance of the club constitution and election of club officers at the first inaugural public meeting.

At that point we can all fill in membership forms to join the club - along with anyone else who attends. We'll then be a proper club!

Second that Nick, yes. I am almost finished the draft constitution and can email you all a copy before the meeting so you can have a good look through it and come to the meeting and either we can agree it in draft form pending the inaugural meeting or we can reword it again to prepare it for the inaugural meeting.

It is also as Nick says to appoint a temp committee pending the first AGM where the formal appointment of committee members will be agreed and set. The rest is to formalise a structure for the inaugural meeting and to agree in advance between the founding members how the society will move forward regarding the everyday running of the society.

I have booked a room at the school for 7.30 until 9 on the 15th but I am sure we can over run a little if we need to. I should be able to get some hot water so I will try to remember to bring some coffee and tea if someone else can bring some milk, sugar, biscuits? :grin:

Welcome to the group Mr Finster and yes please feel free to come along to the meeting it will be at Horbury Academy on Wakefield Road in Horbury, WF4 5HE will give you a chance to meet up with most of the group.

Well think I've gone a bit far with this imaging project tonight, set camera up in a deep scary dark valley in middle of nowhere got eaten by thousands of midges and way too much nightlife going on for my liking so have left camera doing it own thing gonna go back for it later, will be worth it for this image tho.

Excellent first light Rich! Bought myself some Bader Astro Solar film arrived yesterday and managed to get a few good shots of the sun through the skywatcher. Some beautiful sunspots an all! Might give the new binos a run tonight see what is happening and how they cope.

was that your startrails image you were doing Kieran or have you been up to something else? :tongue:

Knew you would like the solar film.im curently painting my truss tubes matt black but i wont finish them as i only bought one can to try out.need another 2 to finish the tubes and maybe another for the tube endsy flocking material was the wrong type so will have to buy some more

You make a filter that goes over the telescope, never make a filter for an EP as its more likely to tear. The solar film comes with instruction on how to make the filter but people vary materials they use to make them less flimsy and more safe to use.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Matthew, you make it into a light shroud to fit over the end of the scope.

The small cap on the tube cover is removed to view the sun on the 200p as the full aperture of the scope is not needed with the sun being that big!

Never use any lens to view the sun without genuine solar film fitted, best bet is to photograph it rather than look with your eye much safer.

Hydrogen alpha filter or telescope, is the correct name given to equipment and instruments used to view the sun with.

If in doubt about it don't do it.

Archived