Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Images look amazing Kieran, well done! You didn't lose a few hours after you saw the lights did you? :tongue:

Weather last night was shocking in Northumberland, and been raining all day so far not looking good for any observing later

im going to try and have a session one night this week in the garden just to check the counterweight system ive made and see how the views are with the paracorr and then thats it untill the new ep's arrive then sort the paracorr settings for them in time for the next new moon time arround september then try for a dark sky trip a week!

the eagle nebula is one of the most dissapointing visual messier objects ive ever viewed,after m40.it does come up well in photography though.have you got m8 yet kieran?its an amazing sight and shimmers at you with a uhc filter

Not yet Rich will prob have a go at that next time up Sutton Bank gradually working my way imaging each messier, can only get all the low down ones from Sutton dark sky so when up next going for prob M8 and M20 defo want more data on M16 though, I was really surprised when I got the pillars of creation in the image it's one object I've been wanting to image for a while, think I may try imaging it through my C11 next time try and get a good close shot.

If the forecast is good for the weekend will be going back up Sutton bank also I'm thinking of going camping up there on the 9th-12th weekend to catch the Meteor shower my just take camera and tripod and just do widefield shots and a time lapse to see how many Meteors I can catch.

Hope you had some clear skies last night, I got out for and hour and a half, managed easy M13, 3 satellites followed with the bins, 3 meteors, 1 passed through the bins while I was scanning scared me half to death! Milky Way looked amazing and managed an excellent view of Brocchi's Cluster looked beautiful in the bins. Here's for more clear skies this week :-)

Was a bit shabby here earlier Rich but looks like it might clear a little, and just realised I have a red torch in the form of wife's rear bike light! Brought my turn left at Orion so I might have to venture out again if it stays clear... This time armed and dangerous with the right equipment :grin:

Archived