Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice images Kieran, and great processing.

just got back from coast to coast... 111 miles of sheer hell, saddle sore from spending 9 hours on the bike but managed the whole thing in 12 hours with stops... Never again :grin:

just got back from coast to coast... 111 miles of sheer hell, saddle sore from spending 9 hours on the bike but managed the whole thing in 12 hours with stops... Never again :grin:

Doesn't sound like you've had an enjoyable ride soupy?

Well done though, something I've not really contemplated but I will be in the future.

I've a big ride planned tomorrow so will be aching myself although not I think as much as you are :unhappy:

Tomorrow night might be worth getting the scope out for some viewing?

Thanks Sammy.

And Paul I've emailed telescope house and there happy to swap the auto guide cam so hopefully new cam will give good results then can use CCD to image instead of guiding. Hope you enjoy the ride.

If weather good next weekend Damain do you fancy Sutton Bank?

Cheers Damian and Kieran, the ride was a mixture of some enjoyable bits and some really difficult bits, must have hit the "wall" about 5 times, muscles just ran out of energy, but managed to ride through it and keep going. Good luck with the ride today Damian. If you're I the rested you might have to join us next year! :grin:

Glad telescope house are replacing your guide cam Kieran, they are usually pretty good so looking forward to some more incredible images soon

That wall can take some getting through soupy I've been through it many time's.

I enjoyed my ride out today,47Mile's and did the Holme Moss climb for the first time in about 10years! Took the edge off my legs and last time I was on a road bike which was a lot faster.

I think sutton bank could be good next weekend Kieran so we'll have to take a check on the weather.Glad you've got the cam sorted ;-)

i struggled getting up holme moss in the car haha

almost decided on my eyepiece order-ES100 degree in 20mm,14mm and 9mm,a 2" 2x focal extender(barlow) and im not 100% sure but i may order a televue parcor but im still a bit begrudged to pay televue prices.well thats £1250 more spent <gulp>

Never been up Holme moss but heard lots about it. Will have to have a go sometime, but 47 miles is a pretty long ride Damian, before Saturday the furthest I had done was 22!

you won lottery Rich? All those new EPs. You'll be turning professional soon :tongue:

That tax return rich sounds like its been flattened!

Holme moss is 4.5mile's from Holmfirth to the top so if you aren't into hills on a bike you'll not enjoy it at all :-(

I'm out again tomorrowonly something steady though soupy. I think you did well on the coast to coast to say how much training you'd done.

Hope this weekend is clear so the scope can come out ;-)

Hi guys just got back home this weekend, was supposed to be back last weekend but with the weather being so good decided to stay on, so apologies for missing the meet on Monday, I've noticed a few emails from Paul but not had chance to read yet, will get round to it later on today. looking forward to some darker nights as I've just picked up the newest member of my EP collection. Hope everyone is Ok (apart from some sore muscles by the sounds of it) see you all soon.....

Congrats on the ride Soupy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

WB Russty have a read through the constitution and let me know if there is anything we might have missed.

thanks Jeremy aches are now going so feeling good about it now.

Damian does look good for later might have to have an hour in the garden.

Archived