Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we'd need a crane not a body building course!

Like the name Kieran and if you counted the "and" there would be 4 As in the middle WAAAAS! :grin:

BTW, just had a new satellite dish fitted, got the old one saved in the garage anybody fancy trying their hand at a little radio astronomy? Checked it up on net seems easily enough to set up if you have an expertise in electronics!

Monster Dob! Awesome and you even get free starry night software with it that's the clincher :grin:

you need a forklift and a lot of mates just to move the mirror 500lb worth...

First impressions of the lightbridge:its huge but it fits in my boot,the finish.isnt as good as my skywatcher,the mirror reflectivity isnt as noticable although my skywatcher has the hilux coatings,the base and alt/az movements arent as bad as expected.sure i will have to wait a while for first light.will take a pic of it next to my 12" later :)

Lok forward to seeing the size comparison Rich.

Just bought myself a new pair of Celestron Skywatcher 25x70s now I'll be able to do some star gazing while my scope is taking pics! :smiley:

25x70's?i has always thought that was too much mag for the aperture unless you mean 15x70's? I was looking at some 20x80's as a step up from the 15x70's but i dont want to have to use a tripod with binos and my 15x70's are just ok for hand work.

Nope there were two pairs 15x70 and 25x70, I went for the latter as the price was pretty good £67. I will have a spare tripod as the camera will be attached to the scope so shouldn't be an issue.

Looks like its a good night for first light with the meade crash?

Congrats on the new bins soupy might get first light with those tonight too.

I might try out my new televue delos if I can muster a bit of energy to set up the scope?

Won't get out tonight unfortunately Damian got too much work to do :sad: gonna save them for when I can get a few good hours and sit back and enjoy.

welcome Mathewmarkwray, we are from all around and in wakefield, Barnsley, Hudds, and crash is ponte. I am sure I speak for every one when I say you are more than welcome to come join us when we are out and about. Mostly at winscarr reservoir when its dark.

were abouts pontefract are you am south Kirby?

Welcome and as soupy says your welcome to join us.

As darkness doesn't draw in till late not many out tonight but soon we'll be making the trips to winscarr and sutton bank and maybe further.

Ive had it in the garden and collimated it but my laser is playing up again,think its the batteries again.it eats them big time and it only likes duracell so have to order another 3 grrrrr.gonna stay out and star test it but wont be proper first light as i cant be bothered to stay out late enough with work tomorrow 7am-10pm!!!

Just been out crash and I can't pick Arcturus or Vega out by eye yet!

I'm up for work at 5 so don't want a late night plus done a 30Miler on the bike today so a bit bushed too!

Archived