Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

P.s. the small cover cap info come's courtesy of crash.

The cap when removed is stored on the other fixed button on the aperture cover so you don't lose it.

Wow, didn't know that about storing the cap on the the fixed button, I always kept mine in my pocket :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought about using that opening on the end of the aperture cover for solar work but I was worried about howwell the film would fix. I wouldn't want it coming off or getting damaged when using the scope for other things.

I ended up using some plywood, gaffer tape and cardboard

Worked a treat. I've sold that scope though so I need to see if this fits my new scope. Make sure you lens caps are on your finder scope! You use the shadow of the scope to locate the sun.

post-9821-0-22431000-1373046577_thumb.jp

Excellent first light Rich! Bought myself some Bader Astro Solar film arrived yesterday and managed to get a few good shots of the sun through the skywatcher. Some beautiful sunspots an all! Might give the new binos a run tonight see what is happening and how they cope.

was that your startrails image you were doing Kieran or have you been up to something else? :tongue:

Yeah that was my star trails I was up to but had settings wrong in camera, was just shooting raw so had to convert each image to jpeg and lost picture quality so will head back up one night this week and try it again and get a better image.

haha thats what i did last night . they look bad under a red light but to the eye seem fine ?? turn light on and can see lots of like lil dots or something whats that dust ?? ive watched sum youtube vids and they just say use distilled water to wash them ??

Warm water and washing up liquid, then rinse off with distilled water and leave propped up for the water to run off.

You can always use a piece of kitchen roll to blot the last few drops off too.

As Sammy says it always looks worse with light shining on it but cleaning the dust off won't make that much difference and I only did mine when I flocked the tube as it was out.

Also have to then do a collimation when the scope is reassembled ;-)

This is how I have attached the filter, worked a treat, bit of sticky tape and cut to size so as not to waste it. At £20 for an A4 sheet its not expensive but I want to make it last! the pics are not perfectly in focus as i didnt have the scope tracking and just wanted to try it out, so didnt expect expert pics first time out, but they aren't too bad :smiley:

filter 2

filter 1

P7043979

P7043947

Just been out for first light with new binos. Managed M13 petty easily, also an easy split for Mizar and Alcor. Think I also bagged M101, but will need to check again another night. And followed 2 satellites so a pretty ice evening :grin:

Got it on phone camera yes Damian was out in car on way to Wakie, was just thinking to myself I should have brought DSLR when it came into view. Typical :embarrassed: I'll try to post it if not I'll email you it.

Archived