SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

All,

i have created a google account called wakefieldastronomy@gmail.com and i will send out the password via the email chain we have been using recently.

there is a google drive - cloud based storage - of 15Gb. Thats HUGE, so should be more than enough for any documents, draft constitutions, templates and minutes etc between now and our inaugral meeting. We can also use this email in the interim (maybe permanently) for any society based sign ups that we need to have - such as contact mail address for insurance, bursuries, bank account (online account) etc

I will get the draft membership form and observing etiquette rules squared away this week for you all to review, and I am sure soupy will have the draft constitution put up there shortly too.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sounds like you had a brilliant meeting - so sorry to be away for it. And South Africa is **** freezing right now! Way hotter in good ol' Wakey....

Than you all for the hard work getting everything sorted last night - look forward to seeing you all soon.

Password seems fine to me ;)

Spent this eve cleaning my mirror,much shinier now,flocking the lower tube,painting the trusd tubes and tibe ends matt black under blackboard paint so just top tube to flock,spider vains to paint and one truss tube to final coat with blackboard paint and then just the battery/dew system and counterweight to sort and she's ready for galaxy hunting!

Getting excited just thinking of all that black surface it's crying out for some white chalk!

Cheers for sorting the google drive Nick sounds great I will drop the draft constitution there indeed once I amend it all from last night. Not sure I'll remember the password easily though :tongue:

Right chaps I have dropped in the draft constitution and rough minutes from Mondays meeting to the google drive account. If there are any glaring omissions let me know and I will amend and replace.

:grin:

Soupy finally found out my problem with the guiding issue after weeks of pulling my hair out and nearly throwing the towel in its all come down to the camera, I've just tried my last option tonight which is using my CCD camera and its worked its guiding perfectly smooth as a baby's bottom what a relief.

Do you think it's worth sending it back and explaining to them.

Might be a good idea Kieran or at least send them an email to see what they say. Glad you have got it all sorted out though. I'm expecting some great shots now you have the CCD working with it :grin:

Done a 12Mile short ride tonight soupy.

Went for some hard climbing the high light being the climb from wakefield road up to high Hoyland via litherop lane, sadistic but really great hill, enjoyed it.

It's going to be a hard ride for you plenty of energy drink's and food will keep you going.

Looking dark tonight though and get to try out the new delos eyepiece ;-)

Nice ride that Damian, think there might be a few climbs for us tomorrow, but really looking forward to it.

good luck if you are out tonight.

Don't forget to get outside and wave at Cassini which will be taking a picture of Earth at about 10.30 this evening from a billion miles away in its orbit around Saturn. Wave at Saturn, and smile! :grin:

Archived