garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me know what you think of it mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Steve,

The "Sky Atlas 2000.0 Companion" (2nd ed.) arrived today. The book is 8 1/2" x 11" with about 300 pages of information. The retail price sticker on the back says $29.95 / Canada $35.95,

so the £14 paid for a new copy on Amazon was a good deal.

It's very similar in format to the "Observing Handbook And Catalogue Of Deep Sky Objects" by Luginbuhl & Skiff.

There's data & descriptions for the 2700 Galaxies, Star Clusters, and Nebulae plotted in the Sky Atlas 2000.0 (2nd ed.).

Each entry gives you the object type, what constellation its in, R.A. & Dec., its apparent brightness, angular size, and the position angle for all galaxies.

Yeah, its a great addition to the Atlas, actually, I think of it as the "missing half".

Edit: Added photo.

post-21902-0-06186700-1368193156_thumb.j

2" 2x barlow , 2x starguider (bst) 12mm and 5mm eyepiece , 2" l/p filter , all from the International Astronomy Show , some very nice stuff on show , met up with Tony (Freff) and we had a chat with Paul Abel from s@n good day out Lenny

I didn't spend as much as I would have liked to. Bought 2" dielectric diagonal , 2" x2.5 Barlow and some solar film. I would have liked an eyepiece but couldn't make up my mind which one.

Met up with Lenny for a chat and shared some ideas. Also a few others from previous SGL SP's. All in all very enjoyable day.

• 2 weeks later...

My new Compact Setup..

The Astrotrac TT320X-AG and polarscope arived today , I already have the Manfrotto 055XPROB Triopod and the larger Manfrotto 488RC2 Ballhead, Looks like the Manfrotto 405 Medium Gear Head won't get here until Monday so I am having to slum it with a Manfrotto 329RC4 3 Way Pan & Tilt head for the PA for now...

Camera control via my Android Tablet.. and some nice Canon L and Sigma EX glass which I have acquired over the last few months... the largest being The Sigma 300/2.8EX DG APO with 1.4x Canon EF II and Sigma 2X DGAPO TC's...

Peter...

It's an attempt to get me back into imaging again... I haven't done any for years apart froma half hearted attempt at SGL8... and hopefully by reducing the size of the astro kit there will be room for my fishing bed when we go to Kelling... ;)

Peter...

It's beefed up a bit over the standard travel Kit, But I already had the Tripod and the 488.

The 405 is an expensive item but will see use in general toggin as well.. although I wouldnt fancy having to carry it too far...

Hopefully it's up to handling the 300/2.8... I might get a 410 geared head to handle camera positioning...

Peter...

Omg... I've just bought a copy of sky atlas 2000 second edition in very good condition for 6.50 off ebay, is it too good to be true, time will tell! !!

That's sounds like a fair deal, and worth a toss of the dice. :headbang::smile:

Archived