Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, with all the bad weather we've had, I was all set to take a break and pack everything away for awhile; then I saw a drummers stool through the window of a Charity Shop on our way to Aldi's. In the shop I also saw a Ironing Board Chair, and got them both for less than a £10er. :smile:

Sorry, I know what this means in regards to the forecast. :clouds1::clouds2:

post-21902-0-73973600-1371229487_thumb.j

That was a good deal mike, I have managed to source a shop in cardiff that will sell me ironing chairs for 15 pound brand new, I have one and they are good quality

That's a good price, Amazon has them for about £ 25.oo plus shipping.

Not sure where it was made, but I like the one I picked up today better than the other one I have, which was made in Italy; It's shorter and better suited to my scope. Both chairs are very well made.

Edit: Drum stool is if fair quality.

My wife just bought us a " 12V to 220 / 240V Power Inverter " from Lidl............. £ 24.99

It puts out 300 watts, with a peak power of 600 watts, has a USB output, and is rated at 82% efficiency.

Should be just the ticket for operating our older mains powered mount in the field. :smile:

Edit: Click photo to enlarge.

post-21902-0-28281700-1371387655_thumb.j

A Canon 5D mk III full frame DSLR.... 3-5 wk days delivery so got everything crossed that i will have it by next weekend..

It was on special offer until yesterday but the dealer let me have it for the same price as I always like to speak to someone on the phone we buying from them for the first time...

Peter...

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Helen. Could you link me to that kit please, I'm looking for something to use with my Vixen 81 but not really sure what's available. Ta!

http://www.solarscope.co.uk/sf-range.html

You can order direct from Ken at solarcope Tony at prices considerably cheaper than dealer prices. If you want to try mine once its arrived just give me a shout. The SF70 is an upgrade from my 50mm Lunt system, so you can compare with that too.

Helen

http://www.solarscop...k/sf-range.html

You can order direct from Ken at solarcope Tony at prices considerably cheaper than dealer prices. If you want to try mine once its arrived just give me a shout. The SF70 is an upgrade from my 50mm Lunt system, so you can compare with that too.

Helen

Thanks Helen for both the link and your kind offer. I really have to do some research. :smiley:

Trembling over, wallet is quiet.

( To be continued....... )

Or empty ????

You were pretty close Lenny, the Astronomy coffers are about spent for this year. :tongue:

A complicated deal went smooth as silk, and we now have a 89mm grab and go Mak of outstanding pedigree. The only issue, its in California, as I had it delivered to a good friend for safe keeping until I return.

Edit: :smile:

Archived