SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Gaz - I'm going to wait until after I come home and if theres no movement cancel it and look else where. For all the good press FLO get I hate this happening - if they don't have items available for sale they should at the very least make custommers aware at the point they comit to buy or not take their money until after the item is dispatched.

I'm not suggesting they are alone in this practice or that I haven't had good service in the past but it is hugely frustrating I can tell you.

rant over

I have discovered my laser collimator needs collimating... when it is secured in the ep holder and I turn it, the laser dot on the primary mirror rotates to form a circle about 8mm in diameter. I dont this will cause any issues at F6 but wondered if it was possible to adjust the collimator?

I think it's possible to adjust it Clayton, as I've seen it mentioned elsewhere on the forum. (I've not got one myself so I'm not 100%).

I'm sure one of the guys here can point you in the right direction for that.

Steve

I too am waiting on a sheet of flocking from FLO, think I read somewhere that they don't take your money until they despatch, even so they don't make it clear that they don't have it

I've emailed them to ask when delivery can be expected, no reply just yet

Gordon

Nice one Mat. Forecast says sunny for tomorrow at the moment.......

Fingers crossed Mal im making a l bracket for it so i can use callums az tracking mount.Im not sure why their not making them Gaz,one thing i do know is that their expensive.

Bought a 9 point CNC mirror cell from Orion Optics yesterday. Just waiting for it to be delivered...

I'm hoping this will also help with scope cooling when I get a fan fitted to it

just arrived- gosh its big - just need some clear night skies now to get myself better acquainted before the Autumn

Nurse Roberts - thanks for the heads up

map

Bobs Knobs fitted - waiting for the flocking material from FLO - I can now say the only things I'm after in the next two to three years before I upgrade the scope itself are Coffee, Doughnuts and Petrol (and a few cans of lager for S Wales Star Party 1 although quite how this fits in with up all night star gazing and sleeping all day I'm still not sure..

I went to get a haircut today, saw something interesting in the charity shop window next door, then spotted these next to a junk camera.

The lables are marked.....

1.) "SUPER 20 Wide Angle Long Eye Relief"

2.) "SUPER 10 Long Eye Relief"

and

3.) "PLOSSL 6.3mm fully coated

The first two are from China, and the 3rd is from Taiwan.

Not sure who the makers might be, do they look familiar to anyone ?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just figured this out..... Click on photo to enlarge immage.

post-21902-0-17103700-1339438546_thumb.j

Steve, I've had a response from FLO, they say that they take the money as they don't keep card details etc, also what seems a bit of internal email that suggests delivery to them at FLO end of this week, have asked for clarification but nothing received, apparently my first enquiry went into their spam filter! So like you a bit disappointed

After the TOV last week it did lift my interest in our star and so I have ordered a sheet of Baader Astrofilm which I am intending to use as a filter to my Mak-CAS, I gather they work well for solar, it's 70 mm objective and with a 30-90 zoom

I understand that the BAF can be used with reflectors and normal eps

My heritage has the part open flex design and needs very careful screening to ensure no 'side entry' of rays is possible

It will be an interesting project for me, if we get any day or night skys to view!

Also need to make solar alignment gadget too

Archived