Narrowband

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy of the Astronomy bible has arrived ( of course I am referring to Turn Left ) as well as answers to questions from across the universe. My chair is here as well so I can't wait to get out there and do some stargazing!

Unfortunately I have to compete with clouds!

well not wanting to be left behind with all the new scopes and gear appearing I have made another purchase for the winter months

gallery_19097_1590_4796.jpg

I am told that fake fur is the height of fashion amongst astronomers in the know :grin: :grin:

Observing with you lately Matt is like an episode of land of the Giants lol - whats it like have you had a chance to check it out yet? No you haven't - it only arrived today Numpty (thats me of course)

how about the can of coke comparison shot?

whys the Nagler up for sale? looks really nice bit of kit

I ask too many questions sorry - its a valleys thing

Haha Steve,I will get a can of coke in the morning and take a snap,I'm ordering the 20mm 100 degree es tomorrow and I know the Nagler won't get much use when it comes.I will be gutted to see it go

Sorry mate Pain Killers and red wine are a bad combination - ignore :grin:

Mat, you are getting some very serious kit together, looking forward to the comparison shot with a coke can

Are you getting any use with the pst, yes I know it's so cloudy, but there have been a few moments when our star has been seen!

Looking forward to our next meet

Im just making the most of the reduced prices stateside at the moment,the 20mm 100 degree fov is due in the morning ( according to UPS ),plus ive got the 30mm,11mm,and 6.7 82 degree fov eyepieces coming this week.I will take a pic of the 14mm and 20mm tomorrow.The good thing is my eyepiece case will be completed then so i can save for my big scope.Ooo i pick my new scope up next week too :cool:

The clouds are my fault too :lol: I've bought a new imaging scope and camera - WO123 refractor and Atik460 colour (I've given up trying to get RGB with Welsh weather!!) The scope is lovely to look at - can't wait to look through it properly!! Hopefully it will prove a great performer on both lunar and planetary, and DSO imaging as the plan is that it will be my main imaging scope for many years to come.

Helen

Yes, I really hope to make the meetings, just been a combination of things over the last few months.... Part of the plan with the new refractor was to release the Megrez 90 back to being my portable scope, it should be great on either the little SE ALt Az mount for visual or the HEQ5 for astrophotography. (And light enough for me to handle :smiley: )

I reckon we won't see the sun during the week until the kids break up, as I've still got unfinished viewing business at our local school!!

I've used an OO 16inch at a starparty - very nice :grin: - and the base is a manageable size!

Helen

It's a 12" inch I've bought, my arthritis has been bad the last couple of months so I've had to have a rethink.All being well by next autumn I will have a obsy built ( I've got big plans lol ),but it would be great if you could join us Helen

I like my 12 inch :smiley: , nice balance between views and portability!

I did nearly make one meet, just ended up on the wrong bit of hillside :rolleyes: I think the group is so big now that you'll be harder to miss!!

Helen

Steve you are so right, perhaps Mat and Helen you can supply sub titles lol

You guys are talking serious stuff, but seriously well done, not too often you see such dedication

just hope the clouds will part soon for us all to enjoy the skies (day and night)

Steve you are so right, perhaps Mat and Helen you can supply sub titles lol

You guys are talking serious stuff, but seriously well done, not too often you see such dedication

just hope the clouds will part soon for us all to enjoy the skies (day and night)

:lol: The addiction has hit hard!!!

Helen

Archived