SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

Well done mike nice spot with that i look forward to having a peek through it

picture.php?albumid=1080&pictureid=17290

I thought i'd post this pic to show you how big the dob is !!!

And you shall.

I recieved a phone call earlier. The lady said her mother found an accessory for the scope today and was going to mail it to us.

Stargazers are great people. ;)

Proper etiquette requires that you will have to stain your ladder to match the Dob. Did you get a wood, or a metal ladder for viewing ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the shed to house my Dob arrived yesterday and so we've spent today getting it painted and watertight (the fact it has no floor so that I can roll the dob straight in means we've had to be a bit imaginative on the waterproofing!). Its a his 'n' hers shed - got my telescope in one side and Mike's bike in the other :)

Thankfully my Dob is only 12inch, so rather smaller than Mat's monster ;) other wise I dread to think how big the shed would need to be!! The views should be awesome with that though Mat :)

I'm looking forward to just being able to roll it in and out :mad: and so not needing Mike to be around to handle it for me :eek:

Helen

Thanks Helen im hoping they will be,i was hoping to use it tonight but the cloud won in the end,its on a set of wheels and it rolls around quite nicely too.Im going to get a shed and in the nights i will pop the secodary cage and truss's off.Where did you get your shed from Helen?

It came with 6mm & 16mm Orthoscopic, and a 25mm Hygens Eyepieces, also a Crosshair Insert; here is a pic.

PS: I understand Baader still makes adapters and some accessories specifically for these scopes; something I will have to look into.

post-34570-133877771554_thumb.jpg

Mat, Mike great pictures of some lovely scopes, so very pleased for you

Hope the weather clears soon for all of us but especially those with new scopes

I'm making a start on the Lunar 100 (think I can tick the first) and by the weather today it may be good for tonight although there's likely to be more moisture in the air than we would wish for

Really pleased for you guys, oh and Helen for the new shed!

Helen for the new shed!

Thanks :eek: We've now got a full shed and a conservatory that can actually be used for sitting in again ;) (although it is missing its Dob 'conversation piece'!)

Helen

ooo very nice ;) does it have a 1.25 or a smaller size focuser?

The focuser is internal, the Zeiss eyepieces are slightly larger than standard .965 eyepieces, so the fit is a little loose. I hoped to use the Antares hybrid diagonal I reciently purchased, but it also fits loosely. Will have to book some lathe time with my wifes cousin and make a sleve for it.

I tried a little terestrial viewing today, resolving sheep across the valley (lol), and took some photos. This one came out a little dark, but it shows the OTA with eyepiece holder & the focuser on the side of the tube.

Edit: There's a slightly better photo in my album that you can click on to enlarge.

post-34570-13387777183_thumb.jpg

Mat, Mike great pictures of some lovely scopes, so very pleased for you

Hope the weather clears soon for all of us but especially those with new scopes

I'm making a start on the Lunar 100 (think I can tick the first) and by the weather today it may be good for tonight although there's likely to be more moisture in the air than we would wish for

Really pleased for you guys, oh and Helen for the new shed!

Thanks Gordon,

I hope it clears enough to get an hour's observing in tonight, I'm starting to feel a little frustrated.

I've finished my Solar filter and will bring it to the next meet that I can get to. ;)

Thats great G 12, now your ready for the Venus Transit !

I've had other things on my mind lately, think I better order some Baader film before it becomes scarce.

I recieved a package in the mail today.

The lady I purchased the scope from phoned to say she found an accessory and was going to send it to me. Here it is.

:icon_scratch::clouds2::blob9::headbang::blob7:;):(:rolleyes:

Today is a good day, even if its raining.

post-34570-133877771991_thumb.jpg

What a find !! That scope looks mint she really looked after it mike

Yes, she certainly did.

It was a long drive to Ipswich, but an enjoyable one; Dorothy & I like a road trip.

The owner Betty and her daughter Liz are nice people too, that seems to be the way it is with folks who are into Astronomy. :clouds2:

Archived