Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

I'm obviously missing something here. You just bought a gargantuan scope that requires a step ladder to reach and now you have bought a much smaller scope like a 12" (I think)? What's the improvement?

Its quite funny to hear people go on about no more spending but there will always be "until the next time". :grin:

I'm thinking It will be around November. I will definitely have it by February though!

eos 110d is new toy and lazy susan on order hope to fit by the weekend , flocking done . any more mods ???wot next

I'm obviously missing something here. You just bought a gargantuan scope that requires a step ladder to reach and now you have bought a much smaller scope like a 12" (I think)? What's the improvement?

The biggest reason ant was my health,i have rheumatoid arthritis and the last time i went out with the scope i hurt my left hand and couldnt move my fingers properly for a week plus the constant climbing up and down a ladder killed my knees.The new scope is 12" but the optics are incredible !!!.Aperture rules but only if the optics are spot on ( and if they have a sensible f ratio ).Im planning to have a huge scope next year but it that wont be leaving the garden :smiley:

The biggest reason ant was my health,i have rheumatoid arthritis and the last time i went out with the scope i hurt my left hand and couldnt move my fingers properly for a week plus the constant climbing up and down a ladder killed my knees.The new scope is 12" but the optics are incredible !!!.Aperture rules but only if the optics are spot on ( and if they have a sensible f ratio ).Im planning to have a huge scope next year but it that wont be leaving the garden :smiley:

Im looking for an upgrade in about 2years I think , no way youll hold onto that for 2 years lol

dont forget me iv sort of got a 8"dob:P

im sort of back too, my appoligies for going iv been sort of homeless for last few weeks, few family members and friends let me stay, but heres my newest purchase:P

a 4 birth little caravan :p id post a pic but the one i took earlier seems to have gone poof on my phone and its pitch black outside now :(

With out going off topic too much:P I am but it hasn't been finished renovating. And landlord of my Newport flat wouldn't extend contract. I nealy moved into another place but guy gave it to some one else. So caravan was cheapest ad easiest option I could afford. And where I'm suituated there's no street lights and ts petty dark too :p

Edit: spelling. Stupid iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by garethmob

With out going off topic too much:P I am but it hasn't been finished renovating. And landlord of my Newport flat wouldn't extend contract. I nealy moved into another place but guy gave it to some one else. So caravan was cheapest ad easiest option I could afford. And where I'm suituated there's no street lights and ts petty dark too :p

So back on topic you've bought yourself a temporary mobile observatory then :grin:

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry to hear about your arthritis. :(

And back on topic I've bought myself a right angle correcting finder scope to compliment the telrad and that is absolutely spending done for this scope. Just petrol and coffee now.

Dew dew dew Steve! Just look at all of that really pricey dew busting kit. You know you wannit, you know you need it, its no good going out in these really dewy autumnal nights after months of waiting thru the summer only to have the night spoiled by dew. I reckon about £200 quid will see you right :evil:

• Like 1

I will not bite David lol. I am only observing on nights of observing perfection next season so dew will not be a problem

Finally got around to buying a flight case fot my new kit. Scope is flocked, roberts knobs are installed and my adjustable feet are done.... Bring on the autumn.

....I've also invested in tapatalk because I was struggling on the new forum because I only ever use my mobile phone.

post-17418-134273510454_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I will not bite David lol. I am only observing on nights of observing perfection next season so dew will not be a problem

Steve, I got your setting circle drawing thanks. Printed it out and the scale is perfect, but I cant get it laminated for love or money. Any ideas/suggestions?

from what i remember, rolands(i think thats what its called) in cardiff (oppersite argos in queens arcade) used to be able to do it its one of the few stationary shops left

Hi clayton I got mine done in a small print ship in ystrad mynach buteven they had to send it away.have you tried staples.failing that you could glueit to some cardboard or thin ply cut to shapeto give out some rigidityand buy a fewsheets of clear plastic film and do it yourself Clayton?

My setting circle is now all done and it looks good,thats all i did was to cover it in sticky backed clear plastic from b&q,then attached it with some double sided sticky tape to the base,all works well :smiley:

We've had some posters laminated at a place in Charles St in Cardiff (not sure what its called, sorry!)

Helen

If you trim after laminating you can get problems with water getting in through the edge...

You want to make sure you have a plastic to plastic seal .....

so cut to shape laminate and then trim leaving an overlap....

My latest buy is a new ASUS lappy - Intel I5 with 6GB Ram and 2GB 630M Nvidia Graphics, Bluray blah de blah... and 1TB USB3.0 portable drive and USB 3.0 card reader... can actually do some processing with this one...

Peter..

Hi clayton I got mine done in a small print ship in ystrad mynach buteven they had to send it away.have you tried staples.failing that you could glueit to some cardboard or thin ply cut to shapeto give out some rigidityand buy a fewsheets of clear plastic film and do it yourself Clayton?

To be honest Steve I was thinking about PVAing it to something else to sit on the dob base. Will have a think about it

Good idea Pete, that is definatly worth considering

Just ordered my ironing chair. £22 + p&p from amazon. Thats it now though... Once ive bought a wixey

sorry guys, it'll be a month of rain & cloud. just had my O3 and S2 filters delivered, so there'll be no chance to use them in the foreseeable future.....