Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not ideal Dave - TLO is much better in that respect - but enjoying this one so far - will take it away with me this weekend when I'm out on the veranda with a glass of wine or two.

Got any other book recommendations ?

Just ordered a PH047 Ultra Afocal Digital Camera Support. Hopefully this will make my astrophotography easier! (So far I have imaged the sun a lot but nothing else)

Thanks Gaz for the link to that!

Has anyone had any experience with it, got any reviews or tips they'd like to share?

Hi Ganymeade

yep i used one a while ago works fine with lightweight camera was more cumbersome with my fixed lens SLR i eventually changed the camera to the 20Da though that was based on choice of camera not the support.

There's been a few mentions of flocking in various posts and it has given me an interest in it

We live in a good location but as with many others we suffer from lp

I have an idea to try and combat it a little and so have ordered a sheet from FLO

If th idea works then I'll post a photo, if it doesn't you won't hear about it !

I've also ordered a PH047 camera bracket, astro boot £9.00 so cheap enough to play with

I've had some decent pics of our moon with just a hand held so this should help

Not expecting any Hubble style dso's!

I've decided to keep my finder scope and add the baader skysurfer as well. They are both straight through so should be easy to use together, also, the finder scope is 9x mag with a 4.4° tfov so with the RDF as well I should be able to find most objects within my scopes capabilities

Wasn't happy about drilling the OTA to mount the RDF so found these bits to help...

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/finder/universal-finder-mounting-shoe/quickrelease.html

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/finder/universal-finder-mounting-plate/universal.html

Today I got my sexy new 'Cheshire' from FLO. Had a crack at collimating a scope for the first time! After that I need to have a rest and think about something less complicated, like relativity or quantum mechanics. :)

Hey, that's a thought - if a physicist's car breaks down, does he call a quantum mechanic? :hello2:

Today I got my sexy new 'Cheshire' from FLO. Had a crack at collimating a scope for the first time! After that I need to have a rest and think about something less complicated, like relativity or quantum mechanics. :)

Hey, that's a thought - if a physicist's car breaks down, does he call a quantum mechanic? :hello2:

Mal, you have a 200p explorer dont you?

I was really worried about collimation when I first got my reflector, and listening to people on here tell me how easy it was just made me feel even more uncomfortable, however, as simple as it sounds, I found the skywatcher manual very easy to follow, and collimation no longer holds any fear for me...

Yes, the 200PDS. It all went well really, I was just exaggerating for comic effect. :hello2:

I'd already read about it online, and watched some stuff on youtube too, so I was well prepared. Hooray for the Internet!

Yes, the 200PDS. It all went well really, I was just exaggerating for comic effect. :hello2:

I'd already read about it online, and watched some stuff on youtube too, so I was well prepared. Hooray for the Internet!

Glad to hear it, I know it puts a lot of people off getting reflectors but there is no need really.

I have discovered my laser collimator needs collimating... when it is secured in the ep holder and I turn it, the laser dot on the primary mirror rotates to form a circle about 8mm in diameter. I dont this will cause any issues at F6 but wondered if it was possible to adjust the collimator?

glad to hear that Clayton now flocking time approaches :0)

I theory Steve, if your careful you can strip it down a reassemble it without effecting the collimation, or effecting it very little. I cant imagine there is much play in the holes where secondary spider and primary attach to the ota... We will know soon enough

Archived