Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

I think I'm highly evolved then :rolleyes::grin:

Helen

Steve i didnt have a can of coke so i used a bottle of Dr Pepper,it will give you a rough idea of the size of these bad boys :grin:

post-12085-0-78780800-1341489684_thumb.j

I got a bit of sky time last night :grin: - not exactly ideal conditions, but the first time for so long I thought I'd use it for a bit of first light testing. I'm starting to learn the challenges associated with the new kit..... :rolleyes: But progress was made :smiley: and I'm really looking forward to some proper clear nights to give the new kit a proper work over.

Helen

It was clear last night helen and i was gutted...... i dont pick my new dob up till saturday,i couldnt use cal's frac because i couldnt find my powerpack for his mount and my binos have gone walkies :mad: .On a light note it was nice to sit in the garden and see some stars. :smiley:

It was very clear until it got dark, then the clouds seemed to appear from nowhere. I spent ages just stood in the obs looking up hoping for the small gaps to get bigger. After about an hour (and when I'd nearly given up about 4 times) it did finally clear to big gaps. They didn't last that long here though and more cloud dodging was needed before the clouds finally won!! As you say though, it was just nice to be out... and now to have some data to experiment with (even though the exposrues are really short!)

Helen

Steve i didnt have a can of coke so i used a bottle of Dr Pepper,it will give you a rough idea of the size of these bad boys :grin:

You might want to spend some time in the Gym carrying all those in one in one flight case - impressed with them?

post-12085-0-78780800-1341489684_thumb.j

I bought a new EP case and a 9mm Celestron x-cell Lx, sorry in advance if it has created more clouds guys ;)

i have joined the south wales dob clan picking up 200p so i wont feel left out

Nice one lenny are you bringing it to the next observing session ?

try and pick it up tonight got flockking to do before the w/end hope its clear for first light

hope it fits in my smart car :eek:

You will have to poke the OTA out of the window :p

can you bring you lazer collie and check that i reset it up right my lazer the dot is like a pea dont trust it that much , set it up in v blocks and over 15ft

Edited by lennylovit

I always carry them with me Lenny we can check its ok

Good to see you back on the forum lenny,maybe you'll have time to spend all that money you earn doing your 7 days a week :grin:

spent a bit Pete , well it fits just !!! no room for me and scope in the smart :shocked: 42mm 2" revelation super view eyepice as well ,hope to get out with them this weekend

Nothing too exciting but my copy of Turn left at orion arrived today as well as my free celestron moon filter from sky at night magazine subscription. Got 3 days off work after today so will have a little read later on and hopefully be able to understand finding your way around the night sky a little better.

Is my Maths right that's 6 of us now 200pers in the s Wales observing group

Clayton,Lenny,Pete,mal,me and Celtic deacon. Any advances. Ant your not in this club within a club quite yet lol

Any advances. Ant your not in this club within a club quite yet lol

Which Ant are you talking about? (this is getting confusing!)

Can't wait to get a 200P dob myself but earning money at 14 is a slow process! Especially now I'm eyeing up a Seben zoom eyepiece!

Well heres my latest and last scope for quite a while :grin: ( and i mean it this time ! )

post-12085-0-73687800-1342634481_thumb.j

Lets hope its clear on the weekend!!!

• Like 1

I'm talking about you ant and matt I think you meant to say here's this months scope lol

• Like 1

And back on topic I've bought myself a right angle correcting finder scope to compliment the telrad and that is absolutely spending done for this scope. Just petrol and coffee now.

I'm talking about you ant and matt I think you meant to say here's this months scope lol

Lol,this ones definately a keeper.