NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A busy bit of sky (M52 and Bubble region in Cassiopeia)

Tim

I took this one during our holiday at the site of the 2011 star party at Kelling Heath in Norfolk.

A very busy area of the sky in Cassiopeia.

M52 is the tight cluster of stars in the centre, with NGC 7635 "The Bubble Nebula" right next door. Various other nebulae are visible in the image, name them if you can :rolleyes:

Image consists of 12 x 10 min exposures using a Borg 77EDII + 0.85 DGL reducer and a QHY8, stacked in DSS and processed in Pixinsight.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

tj-albums-kelling-heath-star-party-2011-picture13942-busy-area-sky-cassiopeia-m52-tight-cluster-stars-centre-ngc-7635-bubble-nebula-right-next-door-various-other-nebulae-visible-image-image-consists-12-x-10-min-exposures-using-borg-77edii-0-85-dgl-reducer-qhy8-stacked-dss-processed-pixinsight.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, when I get a minute i'll run the image through Registar and get a count of the stars visible, although I have a much wider field milky way image in the middle of post processing which has many many more stars than this one!

Cheers

Tim

Thanks guys, when I get a minute i'll run the image through Registar and get a count of the stars visible, although I have a much wider field milky way image in the middle of post processing which has many many more stars than this one!

Cheers

Tim

Just run the jpeg through registar...26556 stars:)

Nice Pic, and as you say very busy.

Martin H whats that jpeg you attached with the bit of sky,or I mean from what program or search it is from. My sky maps lack the van De Burgs, Shapeless and / Sharpless objects.

Tom

Archived