NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 05/10 @ f/30

Luis Campos

Hi all,

This time I used my Dobzilla at aprox. f/30 although the seeing was not up to the task.

Check out the bright wisps of material following the GRS...looks like a worm ;P

Also the Red spot has a lot of dark material surounding it, the dark barges on the NEB is extremelly contrasty at the eyepiece.

Setup: GSO 12" newt. DMK 21 mono with Astronomik RGB filters, stack of 1200 frames /channel processed with Winjupos and PS CS5.

Best regards,

post-25681-13387767464_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you everyone for your nice comments;)

Neil, ok i'll get to you asap!

Adz, nope...I now the name "Dobzilla" can be misleading :) It's a 12" GSO DOB put on top of an EQ6 mount:

You can see it here:

IMG_6259_2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cheers,

Which just goes to show how good GSO optics are, Though i know Luis has done proper cooling that doesnt come as standard.But the results speak for themselves

What weight is your dobzilla OTA, I have a skywatcher 300p OTA which I picked up very cheap and am currently using as a dob, it weighs about 24kg with rings and dovetail and I am scared to put it on my EQ6.

I have heard that the Orion Optics Ota's are much lighter than the equivalent skywatchers.

I am currently doing planetary stuff with my LX10 8" OTA but I just keep thinking I could be getting much better results with the 12" thats just sitting in the corner if only i could get basic tracking with it, but I really dont want to damage my EQ6 imaging mount!

Lee

Archived