Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting astronomy into my backpack

Schorhr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it does, dosn't it? :-) The Litescope got that idea rolling, but unfortunaly the entry level devices where discontinued...

Though the sumerian really seems a suitable solution for traveling and home use, as the truss is easier to shield from ambient light.

Hehe, I also have a €20 76/300 dobsonian which meets the criteria, but a good pair of binoculars does a better job then that :-)

After using my fiancé's Maksutov, my oppinion on those changed completely. Nice devices, the small ones make great travel telescopes. Over 150mm they get expensive (and heavy).

The 260mm Mak weighs ~10kg/22lbs WITHOUT mount...

... and costs €4500, yikes! Also, the focal length is better suited for planets and such.

A 127mm with a dobsonian mount could be fun though, just a little low, better bring a blanket to sit on and a case of beer to use as table... that makes it even heavier to carry arround though, but at least it will attract some friends to tag along :-)

• 6 months later...

Archived