NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big grins at Geppetto Towers

geppetto

Been out chasing Venus and Saturn tonight and decided to try lots of different settings

on the Toucam.

Turns out I've been planet imaging with not enough gain turned up on the camera.

Very happy bunny with the results.. :D

Venus and Saturn 200mm F6 reflector 2x barlow Toucam prime focus

satvenus.jpg

Oooff.... :shock:

WELL DONE THAT MAN.....

What settings on the Toucam pray tell.......Apart from the gain....

PLEASE.....PLEASE..

Awsome pic....

Quote from Mrs. P..."Why can't you get a picture like that...."

:lol::D :D

I shall have to cut her allowance :D

Greg

Settings were..

Brightness 60%

Colour 100%

Gamma 10%

Gain 35%

FPS 10

500 frames Registax

Can't remember the shutter speed sadly but it was the gain that did it.

I've been imaging too dark thinking Registax would balance it up.

Major step forward for me, I know it's only a picture but it's taken me three years plodding

to get that....

Blimey I'm really chuffed :D :D

Thanks for the encouragement folks :D

Tell us the settings then....

Listed back up the page mate :D

Venus is a VERY tough target

Spent more time getting the Venus than Saturn AM, wanted to capture a good shape to it.

Very pleased with both. 8)

A little tip Phil, was told this by a guy who does some good images of Planets , i have not given it a good go yet , ,but like you say he says turns the gain up as much as possible and saturation up as well, this gets a lot more data , and of course the noise level is dealt with by the stacking, , i have been doing Planets on and off for a few years ,and never had great success, done ok ones, but getting that collimation spot on is the trick i think , i,m going to pop in a 6 mm eyepiece and do a collimation with that, but getting back to your one , its a great image , but looking at the rings , what do u think , is this poor conditions or maybe collimation, hope you dont mind me saying this .

Rog

but looking at the rings , what do u think , is this poor conditions or maybe collimation, hope you dont mind me saying this .

Course not Rog :D it's folk like yourself with experience that help push the rest of us

up the learning curve. Any suggestions or comments you make are gratefully received mate.

Think I can rule out collimation Rog as I "cheshired" it to death before starting the sessions.

Also, the scope had cooled for a couple of hours.

Conditions were not as good as the night before but I think I might get an improvement

by sorting out the duff frames and doing a more calculated stacking session.

I was excited to see the image last night and just dumped all the AVI's together.

Another thing, my barlow is just a run of the mill one which doesn't help and at some point I might look into

getting an imagemate or somesuch.

Sure is aversatile scope though the 200mm F6 8)

Thanks again for your help and encouragement Rog

Archived