NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Purfleet

dgsgc

Hi everyone...

Been reading the forums for a while now so thought I should actually start posting so here I am.

Been stargazing for as long as I can remember and ended up studying Astronomy and Astrophysics at University (many years ago now).

I’ve owned most of the beginners telescopes over the years and never really got on with any of them as I think my expectations were always far higher than what was actually achievable and I've been without a telescope for a few years now.

I recently saw a stacked, fixed tripod shot of the Milky Way and it blew me away. That image rekindled the flame as they say and I've been attempting to do similar over the last few weeks with my fixed tripod. Just bought an EQ2 which should hopefully give me a bit longer exposures with the DSLR.

Sorry for the waffle and I look forward to learning lots from the incredible imagers and knowledgeable people on here.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i there dave and welcome, i have ,and have seen some great 30secx 100 sub milky ways and they brill the darker the site the better as ya no any street lights will kill the pics unless you remove the color cast and then ya end up withall sorts you should post,your results

cheers pat

Hello Dave

First there is not such thing as waffle on here ,we all love to here what you have to say, anyway a very warm welcome to the SGL hope you enjoy your time here

you are also not that far away from me 15 minute in a car

Doug

Essex UK

Archived