Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

faulksy

hi peeps only just joined this forum. have visited a few times as a guest and seems to be the right place to be.after a bit of advise realy. been into astronomy for around 4 years, but interested all my life realy but this is the question i have owned 3 telescopes the first was a tasco 3"reflector wow, got to start some were. 2nd scope was a 6" celestron cg quite good then a 6" sky watcher mak pro series. have sold all of them each time to upgrade each time i have upgraded has been good but still disapointed. the last scope the mak was best but images visualy were still small the likes of saturn and jupiter not very close up realy if i got it close couldnt see much detail. also the same with adromeda galaxy that was just a fuz. so what do you recon i go for this scope is for visual but who noes at a later date lol.phoned around astr shops and seems a good choice going for a skywatcher 120 ed refractor with a equatorial mount what do you lot recon, have around £1500 but want to see planets nabula and galaxys thanks peeps. sorry a bit long winded:)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still an amateur myself, so can't offer much advice about the scopes. Although what you mention is my setup and it is good - Although whenever I do use it visually on planets etc, I'm always a little disapointed as I want to see stuff bigger. I prefer imaging! Anyways, enough of my drivel - Welcome to SGL!!

Hi... telephone Steve and Gang at First Light Optics ... it will take a bit of perseverance because they are dead busy.. better still email them and ask them to telephone you..

My choice would be a goto DOB, they may think otherwise but they deal everyday with peeps in your situation..

Welcome to SGL... :D

Hi Faulksy and welcome to SGL, even your future 120mm ED although giving good quality images, it will not give you any larger view of the Planets than your previous 150mm scopes, I think the consensus of opinion will suggest much larger aperture as in the Dob range or the Meade C9.25" on a good mount also excellent for photography, but there again you are into a lot of expenditure :D

Archived