Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Swan HaRGB and Eagle to Swan.

ollypenrice

OK, the finished Swan. 2 hours per channel in RGB and 3.5 Hrs Ha last night. Tec 140, Atik 4000, EM200. Some notes;

The Ha is really strong so this would be good for UK imagers short of time. :hello2:

In both the RGB and Ha images the dynamic range is huge and the Swan feature burns out easily. I layer masked a softer stretch for the Swan itself in both cases, just using the same data.

Ha applied as 100% to red in Blend Mode Lighten, and as Luminance at 15%. Total exposure time, 9.5 hours.

Then I added the new Swan as an overlay to an old widefield mosaic in the Tak FSQ. The Eagle already had a similar overlay from last year.

Olly

M17-HaRGB-95-HrsFINISHED-X2.jpg

EagleSwanHaLRGB2overlays-XL.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a wonderful piece of work, you can see just how bright the Swan is in comparison, some revealing darker structures inbetween the two. Star colour is something I need to improve and you have it just perfect, blue stars show up very well.

John.

Thanks all. John, I used Pixinsight to get rid of extraneous greens and then found that the Ha layer had not affected the stars much. I selected just the stars and adjusted the reds and cyans in Selective Colour.

Olly

Hi

Very nice young man :hello2:

I wish I could see some dark skies , untill then I will have to look at your images :D

Harry

You can share my skies, Harry, if I can share your strange and intimate grasp of the unknowable PI...

Olly

Archived