NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Ant

.....So does anyone come along just for the social activites/viewing and then go??

As its only about an hour or so drive for me really, whats the general score/attitude towards just turning up in the car on the Fri or Sat afternoon, and spending the later day/eve and most of night there, before heading off in the early hours when everyone starts to pack it in for the night???

Does anyone do that, or is it frowned upon???

Yes we do get "day visitors" and I'm sure you would be welcome :)

I think you need to notify the site and obviously park your vehicle well away from the observing / imaging area so your lights don't affect things. More details will be posted closer to the event :(

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That should be no problem -providing you keep the car away from where we are observing. We have had several non-atronomers staying on the site, who have wandered over just to have a look. It may be possible to hire a mobile home for a night or two, there are several on the site but they may be all private owners.

keith

• 1 month later...

Dates in the diary.. will be submitting holiday forms shortly for time off work. Any idea when costs and booking system will be posted up.... oh and please can we have that wonderful curry and chips on the Friday again - Yum :)

Glazious, SGL6 was my first ever star party and I'm now up to my 9th come November. SGL6 is where it all started and with respect to all the other star party organisers, this is the biggest/best I have been on and it's local (to you/me). Put the date in your diary and come along for a tremendous few days in beautiful surroundings.

Guys,

I can confirm that I will definately be on dry land for the dates in question, so I'd like to place my name on the list for a spot. I'm away until 14th (ish) January, but can pay any dues immediately upon that date.

1x car, 1 x tent, 2 x scopes.

Much looking forward to this, even though its quite a drive down there.

Eddie H

This sounds really great, would definitely like to come, although my wife is due to give birth at the beginning of March. Will have to wait and see :-)

Mods.. in addition to the other arrangements you've done, can you set up a birthing suit just in case :eek::D

Archived