NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Apologies for the cloudy skies - it's all my fault!

Cjg

Have purchased a 10" Dobsonian with intelliscope for £350 from the bay...will collect on Sunday.:)

Is it 1 days rain for each inch of aperture? It's pelting down here in South Norfolk.

Chris

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inkpen - awesome, have fun, what are you getting?

@Kris77 - yes bought off the bay for £350, collecting tomorrow. Soo looking forward to a First Light at the Norwich Astro Society's site in Seething; dark skies and some extremely knowledgable and friendly folks to help.

Is a big step up from my 130 Hetitage and hoping an ideal solution to knowing where to point my scope.

Be interested to hear more about your experiences?

@Dobby and JohnH - yep, thanks and sorry, the forecast is pants, BBC asking is summer postponed until July?

Chris

Inkpen - awesome, have fun, what are you getting?

Chris

It's the 11" Celestron Schmidt Cassegrain on the new CGEM DX mount. Having only ever used bins before I have no idea what to expect. I have been refreshing the fedex tracking page all morning - it's stuck at some depot about 15 miles away :)

It's the 11" Celestron Schmidt Cassegrain on the new CGEM DX mount. Having only ever used bins before I have no idea what to expect. I have been refreshing the fedex tracking page all morning - it's stuck at some depot about 15 miles away :)

15 miles away - I hope you received it today? After the thunder and lightning, the skies are clearing here - hope you get clear skies tonight

Archived