NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Observing Chair

Telrad

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's more of an effort but if you want a bargain try charity shops or a car boot. I've ended up with 2 ironing stools, one from a charity shop and then I spotted my neighbour was throwing one away !

thanx guys for making this object known to me i am 6ft 6in tall and have alot of trouble stooping down at certain now i can buy one of these jimmythemoonlight merseyside

You're welcome Jimmy :)

My back starts to slightly ache after a few hours observing, hence the need for a chair/stool.

thanx guys for making this object known to me i am 6ft 6in tall and have alot of trouble stooping down at certain now i can buy one of these jimmythemoonlight merseyside

At 6ft 8in I share your discomfort at stooping.

Backs are funny things. I can lift and carry (with a straight back) without much effort but leaning down into a shopping trolly to put stuff onto the checkout is a real back killer.

I guess I'm lucky at only 5'8" but I must say that lifting a 10" dob can be quite precarious, and when observing there are certain positions that I feel you need to have attended 'limbo' lessons in order to achieve - especially when looking through a finderscope or Telrad. :)

At 6ft 8in I share your discomfort at stooping.

Backs are funny things. I can lift and carry (with a straight back) without much effort but leaning down into a shopping trolly to put stuff onto the checkout is a real back killer.

I find the stooping a bit of a pain and I'm only 5'10".

Definitely going to order on ef those ironing chairs.

Could be also good to ask around shop fitters / display companies

We had this hanging around, a few questions asked & it's home with me.

Gas for up / down, swivel as well (which I really find useful) & soft .....

DSC02145.jpg

I've seen some very nice home-made chairs too. I am still deciding and considering to purchase an ironing chair, for two reasons..

1. Astronomy ;)

2. Ironing :)

Thank you for all your replies. I am most grateful to you all for all you suggestions and input..

Many Thanks peeps! :)

Archived