Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Observing Chair

Telrad

I agree with the make your own philosophy.

here's a rough one I made from bits I found around the shed.

never got round to making a better one. will do one day.

it works a treat is well solid but a bit heavy and not pretty.

now I have a jigsaw and a router I can probably make a better job of it.

http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/97962-observing-chair.html

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with the make your own philosophy.

here's a rough one I made from bits I found around the shed.

never got round to making a better one. will do one day.

it works a treat is well solid but a bit heavy and not pretty.

now I have a jigsaw and a router I can probably make a better job of it.

http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/97962-observing-chair.html

Shane, your talents are endless. Again, a masterpiece! :)

Simple, functional and ergonomic. I really like it!

Good work!

never use mine for ironing - too many splinters.

:)

it does actually. far batter than the short one that came with the OMNI scopes (CG4 if I recall). don't even own a frac currently so this is in the loft for the future when I am tempted again. might actually make it shorter and create a parallelogram mount for a small frac as a wide field scope (in the future when have a job again!!).

it does actually. far batter than the short one that came with the OMNI scopes (CG4 if I recall). don't even own a frac currently so this is in the loft for the future when I am tempted again. might actually make it shorter and create a parallelogram mount for a small frac as a wide field scope (in the future when have a job again!!).

Shane, that sounds like a top idea :) - making a parallelogram mount for a small refractor in the future. It would be nice with an EP tray also.. :)

I only use mine during an session, I always remember to put them back in their case whilst I'm packing up. I wouldn't mind having some sort of observing chair with side-table-EP-tray ..that would be useful! :)

I only use mine during an session, I always remember to put them back in their case whilst I'm packing up. I wouldn't mind having some sort of observing chair with side-table-EP-tray ..that would be useful! :)

true enough. maybe a small wooden box with a lid/clasp might be in order after all. line with foam and would be good.

true enough. maybe a small wooden box with a lid/clasp might be in order after all. line with foam and would be good.

Definitely, it should be polished wood (same colour as the chair), possibly brass hinges and clasp and large enough to cater for a good number of EPs. The box could act as an armrest also?

Archived