Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello SGL members

Cloudgazer

Hello to all SGL members

I've been reading the posts on here for a few weeks and became a member about a week ago so I think It's about time I introduced myself.

My name is Scott, I'm 26 and I live in London. I'm pretty new to this astronomy game and at present I'm using binoculars as I don't have a scope (should be getting one soon - if I can decide what to go for). The sky's have been very cloudy for the past couple of months where I am so I went for the name Cloudgazer as it's a good reflection of my astronomical experiences so far (although it is absolutely crystal clear out there at the moment and has been for the past couple of hour's).

Looking forward to hearing your thought's/ opinion's on on the question's I'll be posting in the future - right now I'm off to the back garden with my bino's to see what's about.

Cheers

Scott

Enjoy your stay with SGL Scott. As far clouds go, As soon as you acquire a telescope, you will almost immediately re classify it as a rainmaker.

You will need to learn to move very quickly, in order to utilise the fleeting good bits that will occassionally occur.

Hope I haven't put you off in any way. :lol::D :D

Ron. :p

Welcome to the forum Cloudgeezer :lol:

Hopefully you will be asking the stupid questions before me! No - really, I've only just joined and got my first scope yesterday. First Light tonight provided we get some clear skies. What scope are you thinking of opting for? I'm sure the guys n gals here will be able to help you spend your money PDQ!

Looking forwards to reading your posts.

Hi Scott

Welcome to SGL :lol:

Observing from London can be a challenge but there are nights that make the wait worthwhile.

Which bit of London are you based?

I'm in SW London

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

I'm based in East London.

Last night was the clearest I've seen since I started gazing - not a cloud in the sky from around midnight until sunrise... back to usual tonight though by the look of it.

cheers

Scott

Welcome to the forum Cloudgeezer :lol:

Hopefully you will be asking the stupid questions before me! No - really, I've only just joined and got my first scope yesterday. First Light tonight provided we get some clear skies. What scope are you thinking of opting for? I'm sure the guys n gals here will be able to help you spend your money PDQ!

Looking forwards to reading your posts.

Hi Kev

Hope the skies are clearer where you are than they are here - otherwise it's a nice warm night indoors for your scope.

I'm looking at getting a SkyWatcher Skyliner dob - either the 6" f/8 or the 8" f/6.

Scott

Hi Scott, welcome from one 'new boy on the block' to another.

Dave

Hi Dave

Just had a look at your website, some very nice images on there and some very nice kit aswell :lol:.

Hope you enjoyed the eclipse - look forward to seeing your pics when you post them.

Scott

Archived