NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGL sponsorship and discount

I think the responses to this thread show how grateful everyone is to what FLO does for all of us here, both in keeping the forum running and giving us a brilliant service when aperture fever takes hold or we "need" a new eyepiece.

Keep up the good work Steve, and everyone else at FLO, and good luck for the future.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank-you chaps :(

Having been a Mod and GM myself I am acutely aware that as sponsor, FLO's contribution towards SGL's success is second to the ADMIN and Mod team's. They have a genuine passion for SGL and it's community of members, enough to give up their spare time to ensure it's success. In many ways being an ADMIN or Mod is a thankless task as it is usually only when one of them puts a foot wrong or is having an off day that anyone notices them. And of course the community, without which there would not be a forum. Many of SGL's members are in effect moderators themselves - they welcome members, report dodgy posts and generally create and promote the atmosphere we all enjoy.

Long may it continue :)

Well said steve, without the work from mods and admin a well established forum can fold, and yes its generally a thankless task and the main times mods/admin get noticed is when a mistake occurs, i know this as i am a mod on a very large, worldwide fishing forum, but i enjoy the input and like to "put a little back":cool:

On a separate, but more important note, here is to a very long and successful partnership between FLO, SGL and its members............. jules

Sorry for bringing up something daft (I'm sure I'm the only one who doesn't know) but is the end of the 10% discount the reason for all the Atik items being more expensive when I looked today?

I was all set to place a 314L+ order next week, but may not be able to now. Is this due to the 10% no longer being offered, or Atik increasing their prices?

The increase in Atik prices are not connected, neither are the reductions in some Flextube Skywatcher Dobsonian prices :)

As always, if you see it priced cheaper elsewhere please contact us for a quote.

HTH,

Steve

• 7 months later...

Did a special area happen? is it closed doors? do you have to ask? or is it just a case of coming soon?

I only ask as i'm in the middle of setting up a imagine system and it would be nice to see what kit was floating around at the mid/nicer end of the market that may temp me?

Today, we (FLO & SGL's ADMIN) have decided to end the scheme but concentrate instead on putting together more exclusive deals for SGL members. There will be a mix of stock clearance items, special bulk purchases and reduced price offers.

Thank-you for your continued support :) :)

Steve

Sorry Steve, i did read this at the start and the bit i was referring too was the above, i was unsure as to how to locate the specific SGL deals?

To boot, i think what both SGL and FLO have achieved is something commendable, please don't think i was being facetious. :)

Sorry Steve, i did read this at the start and the bit i was referring too was the above, i was unsure as to how to locate the specific SGL deals?

To boot, i think what both SGL and FLO have achieved is something commendable, please don't think i was being facetious. :)

You look for it here

Sponsor Announcements and Offers - Stargazers Lounge

for example

http://stargazerslounge.com/sponsor-announcements-offers/167274-open-box-celestron-c1100-edge-hd-ota.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/sponsor-announcements-offers/171846-pre-owned-steiner-commander-xp-binocular.html

http://stargazerslounge.com/sponsor-announcements-offers/169344-vixen-nlv-eyepieces-reduced.html

some of those deals are only advertised on SGL and not on FLO main website. I bought one of their open box deal before. You have to call them and they'd unlocked the purchase option on their site for a short amount of time, and then take it off as soon as you made the purchase.

Just thinking what a shame if a few more boxes got accidentally opened... mind you I could do with not buying any more kit for a while :)

I'm sure i could move quickly on A WO-110 should the broken box discount apply..

i was not trying to make this a thread, so i will shut up now. Thanks for the information, i will keep my eye out for the threads.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

TBH your prices are very competitive. I've found a few bits slightly cheaper elsewhere but with my recent order FLO have served me well so I won't be going elsewhere! Wasn't a huge order but there was a broken cable. FLO sent one out that day and it was with me the next day. Think it was a chap called Martin. Please pass on my thanks.

And it means a lot that you bother coming on here and actually communicating with people. You could argue that you benefit from custom, but I guess your rep becomes even more important so it works well for both parties!

I think you give the service of a bricks-and-mortar establishment (which I gather you also are) to online shoppers too. Much appreciated.

Christoph

Archived