NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi all

redgiantjohn

Hi all john from kent just recently got into astronomy and purchased a celestron powerseeker 127eq some excellent advice on here for a beginner like me,if anyone has any advice on eyepieces or filters that would enhance my enjoyment of the scope it would be greatly appreciated:)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, John, and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, I would suggest you spend some time with the supplied eyepiece(s) before parting with your cash

Secondly, there are some good 'sticky' threads in the equipment help section which are worth reading and absorbing

Thirdly, if there are any local 'gatherings' for observing, go along, speak to the people there and, if possible, have a look through their eyepiece. If you are lucky, they will let you try eyepieces on your own scope [astronomers are a friendly bunch, but can be possessive of their treasures:)].

Then, when you know what you want, and why you want it, make the purchase.

HTH

Hi John...& welcome

as Demon said...give the supplied eyepieces a go at different targets 1st...as regard for filters...the only one I have (so far) is a moon filter..having tried somebody elses 1st

Hi there John, welcome to SGL :)

I reckon that a lunar filter is about the only real "must have". Possibly a full aperture white light solar filter, if observing the sun is your thing.

Beyond that, don't worry about them until you get deeper into star-gazing and find a definite need for a specific filter.

HTH :)

Thanks all for the advice and warm welcome you star gazers aint half a good bunch:)I think ill start slow for now see how I get on with the kit I've got,I've got a couple of books on order for beginners and I've yet to polar allign my scope but that's half the fun imo,one day I'd like to get into astrophotography but for now baby steps..thanks again everybody:)

Archived