Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Essex

egeller624

Hi everyone. Been lurking for a little while and finally joined properly. I have always been interested in astronomy, a passion my dad and I used to share, and just got my first scope. Its just a small refractor on an az mount but I already got a stunning (to me anyway) view of Saturn on my first night observing. Took my breath away to see rings with my own eyes! Now I think its fair to say I'm well and truly hooked. Looking forward to learning my way round the night sky.

Erica

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI Erica,

Welcome from me too. I am glad there are more girls getting interested in Astronomy and joining the Clubs. I belong to the North Essex Astronomy Society and our ladiy members have now increased 5 fold! Hope you get a lot more enjoyment with ur scope!

from

Dee

Hi Erica

A very warm welcome to the SGL, I'm not far away from you

I belong to the Havering Astronomical Society we are based in Cranham

Saturn is around for a little longer then you will see Jupiter and hopefully the 4 Moons

Doug

Essex

Archived