Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Manchester

cdavies360

Hi All,

After receiving a few recommendations to join, I've finally done it. First impressions are that this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Fairly new on the scene in terms of astro-photography and telescope set ups. Purchased my first scope back in December last year. After much deliberation I went for the Skywatcher 200P on the EQ5 mount. Am yet to buy any motors or GoTo systems as want to improve my skill and learn as opposed to entering co-ordinates and going 'WOW!'.

For photography I use a Canon 10D SLR. Have the SLR attachment for attaching to the scope together with the super-wide, barlow 2x and standard 10mm lenes for viewing. Also a T adapter to allow the barlow 2 x magnification through the SLR.

Have got a few questions to ask about my set up and how best to get results. So far have got some great pictures of the moon and some of Jupiter with 4 of its moons (with some manual tracking very often!)

I'll leave it at that I think but look forward to getting to know you all better and sure I'll be speaking to some of you soon.

Thanks

Chris :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm in Cheadle Hulme in the Stockport area if you're familiar with that.

Will get some results up here at some point this week. Nothing mega, only some moon pictures that I was impressed with.

Anybody in the Stockport area on here?

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm in Cheadle Hulme in the Stockport area if you're familiar with that.

Will get some results up here at some point this week. Nothing mega, only some moon pictures that I was impressed with.

Anybody in the Stockport area on here?

Cheadle Hulme in the Stockport, Posh :)

Archived