Hi everyone

XxS4CR3DxX

Hi all I'm dave I'm new to all this been into this since I was little and thought the other day it's time I got into it propally and I found this site and thought I'd join as there is load of interesting stuff and some very helpful people to so will decently be asking about a decent starter kit and bits I need so hope to speak to u soon and get some great help.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the lounge.

In order to give advice on what set up would suit you we need to have an idea of your budget, what you want to do with it and if portability is an issue.

Regarding suppliers, FLO (link at top of page) are highly regarded, but as I wanted to visit my retailer I went to Rothervalley Optics and received excellent service from Ian and Adam.

HTH

Good luck.

Hi there Dave, Welcome to the forum :)

Star-gazing is a fascinating hobby, but it can all seem overwhelming what with all the info, choices and kit . SGL's forum search tool and Google are your friends.

But if you can't find something, or don't understand it, then it's daft not to ask. Somebody on here (can't remember who) once said that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

There's a wealth of info in here and there's are always folk around willing to share advice and tips 'n' tricks.

Archived