Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello!!

Pigz

Hi just registered here and see a lot of people are from Suffolk and i live in Suffolk so thats another person to the list!!

I have just decided to take up astronomy as I wanted a new challenge and a change of direction, I used to be a happy hardcore DJ and have now retired. I have always had a interest in the stars and planets from a young age but never had the money to buy a semi-decent scope so i took the plunge and got one!!

I just got a Skywatcher 130 on a eq2 mount (not parabolic and not moterised.) and im looking forward to some clear nights now!! ive never been to a star party or had a look at the stars for 5 years and im jumping in at the deepend with this!!!

Hopefully ill be on the board a lot so i wish you all the best and just wanted to say hello!! also any tips, hints etc that might be of help fire away!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there Pigz, Welcome to SGL :icon_eek:

Star-gazing is a fascinating hobby / addiction, but with all the information / choices / kit it can all seem overwhelming.

Remember, SGL's forum search and Google are your friends. But if you can't find something, or don't understand after researching it, then it's daft not to ask.

Somebody on here (can't remember who) once said that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

There's a wealth of info in here and there's are always folk around willing to share advice and tips 'n' tricks :rolleyes:

Here's hoping you have clear skies soon for first light with your new 'scope.

Welcome to SGL Pigz. Where about's in Suffolk are you.? I'm down in Essex and come up to Stonham Barns just outside of Stowmarket for a week every year. You'll find the company on the SGL most pleasant and welcoming. I've been here a little over a week and I've had some useful information and tips to get on with things.

Hi Pigz and welcome to the forum.

This forum is a great place to ask questions or to check understanding. There's very little that is difficult to get your head around, its just that there is a lot of it!

Anyhow you've now got a good scope, all you now need is just some good skies!

James

Hi Pigz and welcome - love the name, where does that come from?

good question!!! i used to be called piggy cause i was a bit tubby in school then i started DJing and needed a DJ name so it was DJ Pigz but now its just the name i still use today!!!

and thankyou everyone for the warm welcome i really appriacte it, i have been on many a fourm in the years but all your kindness has made me feel accepted and i hope that i will be here for years to come :icon_eek:

Archived