NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thanks for the Advice

Catdui

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I’m new to astronomy, although my interest in the night skies has been life long. Joining the Stargazers Lounge - Astronomy Forum has been very helpful with some really informative posts. So after a long wait and much reading I finally purchased a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150P on an EQ3-2 Mount. I must say that I am very impressed with the build quality especially at just under £300.

The day the scope arrived so did the cloudy night skies ☹, this coupled with the fact that I live in Crawley (please turn the lights out ☺) means that I have had few chances to get behind the eyepiece. The first chance I did get I managed to find M42, The Orion Nebula, WOW! I now can’t wait for some more clear nights to really get stargazing.

I’m now looking for some good Astronomy groups and a friendly star party or two. Thanks for all the advice and here’s to clear skies for us all. Catdui.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi and welcome ,i still love m42 i love to draw it,every time i see it it reminds me that we are a small blue ball thats amongst this great swirl of a galaxy we live in ,because untill you look at the night ski with a telescope its easy to forget were we rank amongst things

Archived