Hi from Kingston !!

Trapperjohn

Hi everyone, John here, from Kingston, Surrey. I have been interested in Astronomy for a good few years, in a small way, as the Light pollution in my neck of the woods is terrible.

Lately, i've had more time on my hands, and become more interested, so now i want to take this hobby to the next level.

After looking at a few forums, this seems to be the best one i've found, so here i am !! I do not own a telescope (yet), but i am content using binoculars and i love the Stellarium and starry night programs.

I am 48 and married with 2 grown up kids !!

Cheers all !!:)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of good societies nearby (Ewell,Guildford, Croydon, ?Richmond), get along to them and meet some people and ask lots of questions!! Look though lots of scopes.....

I now live high on Hampton Hill, you'd be surprised by how faint stars you can see if you are patient.

Cheers

PEterW

Hi John, welcome to SGL.

I'm not far from you in Walton on Thames and go down to Guildford AS which is a very active society.

Actually, they are running a public event on 9th April at Newlands Corner if you fancy coming down. Should be plenty of scopes there to look through if it's clear.

www.guildfordas.org for details.

Cheers

Archived