Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Sheffield, UK

ismangil

Hi all,

Just to introduce myself as a 40 year old starting to get back into astronomy. My highlight was when I was 16 I took a photo of Halley's comet using a SLR and tele lens (no digital back then!).

After all this year I want to get back in things, slowly though, no rush to get a telescope or anything. I think I will start with some proper binoculars.

Now going through magazines, forums, reviews, and got two books Stargazing with Binoculars and Backyard Astronomer's Guide.

Oh, and will get back into astrophotography eventually, but will start from short-exposure with normal lens first... (using existing Nikon D40).

Whew. Anyway, thanks for the forum!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi fellow Sheffielder, welcome to SGL :D

Ah here's what I'm looking for, a fellow Sheffielder :) Although I probably have met most of them since I came to the beginner's evening of Sheffield Astronomical Society last week!

Hi Ismangil and welcome to SGL.

I spent a while with just an OM-1 and a tripod and had loads of fun. Esp when I found a small company to develop my film rather than say tesco that just used std setting setting while processing. Finaly moved to digital a few years back and love it's simplicity and the ability to see if I had a bad shot without paying for it and loosing an exposure.

Now I get to spend hours processing my pics to get the best that I can as in those days cash was short on Negative scanners where expensive :D

Ah here's what I'm looking for, a fellow Sheffielder :D Although I probably have met most of them since I came to the beginner's evening of Sheffield Astronomical Society last week!

Hello and welcome. I missed the beginners evening, bit I was there for the observing evening a few days before it. You missed a treat there - we had some fairly favourable skies even though the full moon was washing most of the deep sky stuff out. We had many an oooh and ahh when Saturn graced us with it's presence later on.

Archived