NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New scope and a big thank you

Hello

After about 6 months of research and endless pondering, i am now the proud owner of a new Celestron CPC 1100. It's a monstrous thing but amazingly moveable for it's size. It was out of its box and up in less than 15 mins. Excitement tinged with frustration at seeing the clear skies over the past 48 hrs while at the same time having to buy a power pack and wait for it to charge. A few embarrassing problems trying to fit the diagonal to the scope and barlow etc, but we got there in the end with the help of supplier Steve from FLO. My wife is in a state of shock with the size of the thing but hopefully she will come round soon.

Steve from FLO was incredibly helpful and remains so - i also picked up a couple of Meade 5000 EP'S, Revelation diagonal and Barlow, and a few other bits and bobs.

Just a note to thank all those who have helped me over the past few months, especially Steve, Jamie, GazOC, and Celescope. I seem to have ignored a lot of good advice with my end choice, but hopefully it will prove a winner. I've had a few hobbies in my life, but rarely have i met with such friendliness and generosity.

Cheers and here's to clear skies...

Psychobabbler

post-13110-133877326019_thumb.jpg

Yes that's a good one you've got there....I do like those sofa's, good choice of colouring with the soft furnishings. Nice flooring too...

What's that huge thing on a tripod spoiling the shot...... :shock:

Wooooah......Is that a t.t.t.t.telescope :shock:

Superb Scope mate...Look forward to the reports.

Greg

That looks good enough to remain in your living room as part of the furniture. You may find that your wife may decide you can't take it out in case you get it dirty.

On a serious note, you are going to enter a realm of pure pleasure with that beauty.

Barkis. :rolleyes:

A setup for a lifetime you have there! I had a c11 scope briefly last year and the optical performance was

truly outstanding. I know you have just spent a huge sum of money on your scope but hope you bought a dew shield and anti dew strap cos the big corrector plate does love dewing up! You will need one because once you get a clear night with that scope you won't be coming in early!

Cheers

Dave

Archived