NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the mid-1950s

osbourne one-nil

I've not said hello before; where are my manners? My name is Osbourne One-Nil and it's possible any of you who are interested in meteorology may recognise the name from a well-known weather forum where I am considered to be arguably one of the best moderators there is. This isn't an argument anyone's ever won though.

I live in the Eden Valley in Cumbria where things like electricity, bright colours and outsiders are treated with suspicion. Luckily, being the 1950s here, we still have dark skies though, but that's normally due to thick, heavy cloud.

I'm glad I've found this place after spending years at Cloudy Nights. CN isn't a bad place, but I do find it a bit sickly-sweet where your posts will be banned if they're not sugar-sprinkled with platitudes.

I've been observing since I got my first telescope as a kid about 30years ago, and having stuck with a 3" refractor for many many years, I have gone through more equipment than I care to remember over the past ten. My favourite times are spent with my son, a drink and a bite to eat, just pointing the telescope at nothing in particular and learning our way about the sky through haphazard means.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived