NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comet Mc Naught and loads of clouds

What a cracking shot that is, were the clouds moving towards the comet or away?

M2

The clouds were headed generally south and were in two main layers. The holes in the two layers coincided for 75 seconds ish while I took the photos.

Excellent....what time was this CC ??

17:10 GMT

According to the forecasts, it'll be clear again this evening. Guess what me, y familt and my neighbours are doing?

Seriously, anybody with half a chance, take a look. It's flipping HUGE! Very easily naked eye visible, and clouds permitting, there for half an hour or more. I made the fortunate mistake of taking the 70-300mm zoom lens rather than anything longer as Starry Night shows it about eight times as big as it really is. Tonight I'll take a longer lens and crossed fingers.

Still all chuffed.

Captain Chaos

Well me and my 3 year old boy are just back from looking for the comet. Not a thing! I think I got a glimpse of Venus but it was only a glimse and godd just have easily been a plane :D It's now raining and blowing a gale!

Thats very impressive CC. You are one lucky fella!

Blinky, I saw the comet tonight from my office window. But I have a VERY good West horizon. I think that it's the last you'll see of it now till after it goes around the sun.

Ant

Archived