Hi

tear1977

Hi all, Im Rob from the lake district and i'm very new to Astronomy and I thought this looks like a great place to start researching my next project. At the moment I have a Meade ETX 70EU but in the next year or years im looking to upgrade and start photographing the night sky. At the minute I only look at the moon and sometimes planets within our solar system but would like to get closer to the distant galaxies.

I'll start by browsing a wee bit more then i'm sure ill have loads of questions as I cant seem to get my head round software I might need or the very basic of which scope might be best suited to my needs.

Many thx

Rob

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Robert and welcome. The ETX 70 is a good scope to start with. Also I see you want to lok at some galaxies. You ETX shoild show you M31 the great galaxy in Andromeda. A good starter galaxy and visible in the earlier part of the evening at the moment.

Archived