Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Look at the size of that thing......

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume that's the Skyliner 200P you have mounted there?

Absolutely! It works very well too on the most part. The eyepiece can be a little high on occasions though!

My goal when funds allow is a guided SW ED80 pro.....mmmmmmm!;) (as I see you have!)

OK,

Here's my scope.

I'm 6'3", used to flinging very heavy weights around, but this thing is very heavy and HUGE.

300mm F/1200 SW Auto dob

PS ..... I never dropped it on my toe, honest.

Eddie

You didn't drop that thing on your toe did you Eddie?! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a quick pic of the Vixen 140 SSF on my HEQ5.

I was stunned when I say the size of the box when it was delivered :shocked: Even more when I opened the box and it was FULL of scope!

Right here we try again.

this should be a pic of my sw200pds on heq5 pro

post-20972-0-94104700-1342118641_thumb.j

thats my 4yr old daughter next to it for scale.

i got it over a month ago and thats the only time its been assembled.

now for the crowd. my now sold 127 mak, a freinds 150 newt and my wee 200pds.

post-20972-0-67507900-1342118908_thumb.j

my earlier attempts to post pics didnt give me the option to add to post. did this time.

I admit to aperture fever when I started out. Dont we all?

I remember well getting a Celestron C8N on a CG5 mount. Of course couldn't wait to try it so it was assembled in my living room with the tripod at full height. When I stepped back it was nearly touching the ceiling. :eek:

As they say, the scope you can move easily is the scope you make most of. When I eventual got my cat I sought advice from fellow astronomers. I was told you can carry an 8" but you lug a 10". I got the 8" and never regreted it.

I saw a 200p assembled in the shop and when I bought one I even carried the boxes to the car myself - but I was still amazed at how big it was when I put it together at home. My darling wife was even more amazed.

Next time I buy a scope, I shall ask the showroom whether I can bring along some of my living-room furniture to try and get a better sense of scale.

Yeah, what happens is that you see the scope in the shop next to larger scopes. The larger scopes make the smaller scope look tiny. Then you get the smaller scope and find that it won't fit into any of your cupboards, etc. Telescope size is relative.... :)

Archived