Hello from Chris

pikapops

Greetings all,

I have just created this account for my son, Chris (11), as he has shown a keen interested in this hobby.

I have been reading threw the forum and following the advice have ordered him a set of Revelation 15x70 (from FLO) a Red Snapper 283 Tripod and 3 way head, plus the FLO large mounting bracket, they should all be here next week for him.

I have never done any Astronomy so unable to offer him any knowledge so he has been reading on the net and looking through the library. He also has a couple of Apps on his Ipod that he has been using. i have also ordered him a copy of Turn Left at Orion from Amazon.

So anyway hello and thanks for the help so far and look forward to learning along with him. By the way we are in Nuneaton Warwickshire.

Jim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jim and Chris and welcome to the forum.

Looks like someone has been both busy purchasing and also busy researching too. Good choices so far and hope you have the weather to match. Did you specify on your order form that you didn't want clouds? :):D

Clear skies

James

Hi Jimk and Chris,

Welcome to the lounge.

You and your son will get plenty of friendly helpful advice here, and it's all FREE :)

If you haven't already done so I would heartily recommend you downlod Stellarium, which is a really useful free planatarium program. You can get it hear:- Stellarium

Enjoy,

Alan.

Hi Chris and Jim, a warm welcome to SGL.

You will be amazed with the Bino's, have a look at the Pleiades cluster, and the Beehive cluster, they are stunning.

You can use the search function on Stellarium to find them if you don't know where they are yet.

Clear skies for when you get them.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Hi Jimk and Chris,

Welcome to the lounge.

You and your son will get plenty of friendly helpful advice here, and it's all FREE :)

If you haven't already done so I would heartily recommend you downlod Stellarium, which is a really useful free planatarium program. You can get it hear:- Stellarium

Enjoy,

Alan.

Stellarium is being downloaded at the moment thanks. Free is a good price as well, I think the lad has reached and breached his credit limit at the bank of dad lol

Archived